Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Technical Support Engineer - Digital XRAY/DR/CR
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Technical Support Engineer (Field Service - Digital Radiography)
SUMMARY: Develop a very high level of product knowledge to respond to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software; support our service network and help build a world class technical support center. Deliver best in class product training for our and Samsung imaging products to Field Service Engineers, Technical Support Engineers, and other employees and clients as necessary. This position requires periodic weekend and after-hours support.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 120-135K
- Job Location: San Francisco, CA
- Job# bh11588
- Date Posted: 8/10/2020
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Technical Support
- Provide remote technical support (via phone, email, and direct remote connection) to customers, distributors, sales representatives, and field service engineers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, and/or complex software
- Provide onsite troubleshooting and resolving of complex technical issues on imaging equipment in a hospital environment
- Report design, reliability, and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering
- Perform customer product installation and training as required
- Run tests and simulations at our facility in order to assist with problem solving
- Ensure escalation process is followed appropriately by clients and distributors
- Assist engineers with the specification, design, and implementation of solutions to field problems
- Assist with the evaluation and testing of new revisions of product software and components before they are distributed to the field
- Assist with training and development of service engineers on customer support policies and practices
- Develop, Expand, and Maintain available Technical Resources & Support Infrastructure for the Service Group and Distributor network when necessary
- Documents & Manuals for both Existing & New Products
- Field Change Notice Program
- Web-based Information Portal
- Develop course materials and keep them current to rapidly changing technologies and procedures: This may include planning documents, course descriptions, student materials, instructor materials, course presentations, and equipment specifications, as appropriate to meet training needs, or manage this activity via external provider(s).
- Prepare annual training calendar and execute and coordinate the programs
- Plan, organize, and direct a wide range of training activities
- Conduct training follow-up session and measure effectiveness of training
- Ensure active participation in developing training assessments for participant evaluation
- Evaluate and monitor the quality of training program and the trainer performance
- Maintain a Training MIS
- Maintain and update existing training materials for both new hire and ongoing staff training efforts
- Evaluate the skill sets and knowledge of trainees & provide documentation and feedback to Management
- Provide individualized training based on individual and team needs
- Research, Create, and Implement web-based training sessions from our current course catalogue
- Attend & complete all required training and certification exams
- Become and remain compliant with REPtrax and VendorMate
- Follow all company policies regarding travel, expenses, meetings, and meals
- Maintain current, very high level of knowledge for all products
- Required to wear dosimeter when in direct contact with radiation emitting devices
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degrees in Electronics, Telecommunications, or Computer Networking or other related discipline or equivalent experience preferred
- Technical training and at least 2 years hands on experience servicing medical equipment or similarly complex devices.
- Experience with Digital XRAY/DR/CR required; CT and Imaging a plus
- ISO, FDA, CMDR Awareness Training and Product Complaint System, or Certification – Health Stream
- Experience with mechanical devices, tools and test equipment, telecommunications systems, and working knowledge of computer networking
- Demonstrates skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical
- This job is a fully qualified, career-oriented position where the individual works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel
- Must be able to assemble facts from various areas, analyze data, and provide informed recommendations to management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and work effectively in a demanding, fast paced environment
- Customer focused with exceptional problem-solving skills
- Willing to travel overnight occasionally
- Valid driving license and satisfactory driving record is mandatory and background and drug testing (pre and post-employment) is required
- You must be comfortable with technology, and be able demonstrate proficiency with MS Office package, including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint; as well as Outlook, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally very loud.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexon Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!