Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior HPC Computing Applications Associate
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Senior HPC Computing Application Associate
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: Open
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Job# bh11571
- Date Posted: 8/3/2020
- Provide an effective, reliable, high performance, scalable computing environment to users through effective and independent communication.
- Work in collaboration with senior HPC staff to manage the hardware and software infrastructure, and application issues.
- Proactively suggest solutions to alleviate bottlenecks with different application workloads and/or system infrastructure.
- Improve system reliability and performance.
- Profile scientific codes for CPU, GPU, memory, I/O usage and optimize aspects of hardware and infrastructure if needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a master’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years of High-Performance Computing experience preferred
- Experience with schedulers such as SLURM, distributed file systems (BeeGFS/Lustre), application workflow engines such as Airflow.
- Must have a background in HPC with experience in computational chemistry applications.
- Experience dealing with and debugging aspects of HPC infrastructure such as schedulers, distributed file system, application workflow engines such as Airflow is required.
- Comfortable profiling workflows at all levels of execution including CPUs/GPUs, storage and memory.
- Programming experience with GPUs and/or multi-core CPUs as well as leveraging cloud for scientific workloads is highly desirable for the position.
- Skilled in Bash/Python/Jenkins/Ansible.
- Familiarity with GPU/CPU profiling and programming frameworks such as CUDA; CPU libraries such as MPI, OpenMP, POSIX threads is highly desirable.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexon Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!