Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Principal C/C++ Software Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Principal C/C++ Software Engineer
The ideal candidate should have ~ 10 yrs. experience and be ready to be a technical leader in a startup
We are looking for a candidate who was born to be an engineer: someone who has an urge to understand how things work, someone who gets excited when there is no known solution to the problem at hand. We are curious, creative and passionate engineers looking for a team member to help us tackle problems at the forefront of wearable robotics. Come help us transition mobility exoskeletons from labs and treadmills to the real world: cities, trails and mountains.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 170K
- Job Location: Stow, MA 01776
- Job# bh11564
- Date Posted: 7/30/2020
Your main responsibility will be to build a robust software platform for our robots and to write software that will run on multiple hardware platforms. As our software is worn directly by people, reliability and predictability are key. You will expand and improve our C/C++ software stack and Qt GUI applications, articulate and evolve our software architecture, create APIs around our core components and bridge the gap between embedded code and PC/mobile applications. You will also work closely with our controls engineers on architecture and optimization. You will consult on computing hardware decisions and be the in-house software reference for our team of engineers and scientists. You will also create a scalable continuous integration platform that will maintain/expand/automate our build and release procedures across multiple embedded, PC and mobile platforms.
You will start as our lead software engineer but as our team grows your role will transition into a technical leadership position.
- Strong knowledge of C and C++
- Strong skills in API design and communication protocols, both low and high-level
- Experience with scripting languages: Python and Bash
- Experience with embedded computer and/or microcontroller software development, real time applications
- Experience bridging the gap between low-level/embedded software (C, real time) and user applications
- Hands-on experience with all stages of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience diagnosing application failures in staging and production environments, understanding the underlying issues, and resolving them
- Experience with Git and managing repositories, workflows, and submodules
- Willingness to work in a small multi-disciplinary team, ability and willingness to work with clients
- Self-sufficiency is key, as well as a strong attention to detail and quality
- Minimum education: bachelor’s degree in engineering or science and 10 years of experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Experience with graphical user interface (GUI) programming (Qt)
• Experience writing Android apps
• Experience with robots, exoskeletons, active prostheses or other electromechanical systems
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexon Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!