Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager
The “must haves” would be 10+ years of purchasing/supply chain experience, Epicor/Vantage ERP system, analysis, negotiating, process and procedure automation, management, manufacturing and international experience.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 120-140K
- Job Location: Billerica, MA
- Job# bh11562
- Date Posted: 7/29/2020
Responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the purchasing organization. General areas of responsibility include personnel supervision, supplier management, contract negotiations, purchase order issuance and performance metrics.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Direct, develop, oversee and support strategic sourcing strategy and projects, prioritizing and delegating across global personnel.
- Manage daily operations of purchasing organization including placement of purchase orders, shortage management, expediting, problem receipt and Accounts Payable/invoice resolution and MRB disposition.
- Managing supply chain, including qualification of suppliers, implementing replenishment strategies, negotiating contracts and resolving general conflicts with supply base.
- Oversee supplier assessments, including supplier audits and scorecards.
- Development of analytical tools to assess supply base trends, risks, cost drivers, etc.
- Achieve cost savings through target costing, value analysis and material group management.
- Support Operations and Engineering on capital projects analysis and spending.
- Work with R&D to expand both material and supplier alternatives in an effort to reduce costs or simplify supply chain complexity.
- Work with IT to improve the flow of information across all entities both within and outside the organization.
- Assumes operational responsibility for supporting New Product Introductions including order placement and expediting, product costing and cost reduction programs.
- Function as project leader or team participant on cross-functional teams, including new product and cost-saving initiatives.
- Development of purchasing reporting metrics including on-time delivery of suppliers, open order liability status, purchase price variance and other related department metrics.
- Develop and deliver effective presentations to all organization levels, from plant associates to senior management.
- International travel 10%.
- Adhere to Safety and Procedures.
Skills and knowledge
- Excellent negotiation and analytical skills.
- Just-In-Time inventory philosophy and/or demand forecasting.
- Solid working knowledge of Total Quality Management and ISO 9001 continuous improvement policy and procedures.
- Understand industry and technology developments, being ahead of potential disruptive factors.
- Ability to develop cost savings strategies, preferably using Lean SS methodology.
- Knowledge with large ERP systems, EPICOR preferred.
- Understanding and ability to lead budget development and management.
- Able to lead and direct the work of others.
- Detail-oriented and successful time management skills to work to a schedule and deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a busy environment.
- Process and procedure automation.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
Education and Experience
- BS or MS in Business, Supply Chain Management or a related field.
- Requires 10+ years progressive purchasing/procurement, experience (5+ years in a supervisory capacity) in the capital equipment/manufacturing environment.
- Effective relationship, team building, leadership and communication skills.
- Strategic planning, thinking and acting skills coupled with analytical and execution skills.
Demonstrated experience in a large global, multi-national company.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexon Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!