Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Mechanical Inspector
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Mechanical Inspector - Candidates should be self-starters who bring positive attitude, integrity, and enthusiasm to our team as we transform personal transportation.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract to Permanent
- Pay rate: 25-30/hr.
- Job Location: Woburn, MA
- Job# bh11560
- Date Posted: 7/29/2020
As a Key Contributor You Will
Support the Quality team by performing dimensional inspections and providing concise and accurate reports.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
· Develop and maintain dimensional reporting programs and templates using various dimensional control reporting software packages.
- Perform dimensional inspections by measuring parts and assemblies using portable CMM arms, laser trackers, surface plate set-ups, and inspection hand tools to ensure part conformity.
- Perform and/or assist with review and evaluation of fixtures for molds, parts, and assemblies to determine if fixture is adequate for task. Verify the reporting software is applicable for the job and is in the proper format. Propose solutions to potential fixture and measurement process issues as necessary.
- Perform and/or assist with calibration of inspection fixtures, gauges, holding fixtures, handheld metrology tools, etc., per the established schedule.
- Develop technical illustrations as needed, such as parts and fixture concepts.
- Interpret drawings as necessary and identify the appropriate coordinate plane for the measurement plan.
Required Skills and Experience
· High School Diploma with 5+ years of experience
· Experience using Inspection tools, particularly CMM
· Trained in GD&T
· Skilled in the use of CAD tools (SolidWorks preferred, or Auto-Cad, Pro-E, or similar)
· Proficient in use of MS Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Outstanding organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
· Self-starter, motivated, ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Familiar with AS9102 First Article Inspection Reporting
Desired Skills and Experience
· Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Technology or similar, with 3+ years of experience
· Ability to mentor team members on use of metrology tools, software, and techniques
· Familiarity with portable CMM arms, laser trackers and Verisurf® equipment and reporting software
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexon Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!