Connexon’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Systems Test Technicians
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Systems Test Technician
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 1 Year
- Pay rate: 31/hr.
- Job Location: Bedford, MA 01730
- Job# bh11552
- Date Posted: 7/22/2020
The Systems Test Technicians will support system level performance tests of new product prototypes as well as competitive products. Main responsibilities will be the execution of performance and characterization testing, documenting results and tracking of UUTs (units under test) using practices and procedures established by both IEC and internally developed standards.
The successful candidate will also perform operational tests and fault isolation on systems and equipment, assist in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions and assist in the design, construction, test and troubleshooting of test equipment.
The Systems Test Technicians will use common hand and power tools (e.g. screw drivers, wrenches, drills, presses, grinders and multi-meters). The Systems Test Technician may also utilize larger machinery and equipment (e.g. mills, lathes, temperature chambers, vibration tables, and HALT chambers).
As a Temporary Contractor your Essential functions/Duties include:
- Execute performance tests and document results in accordance with standards and procedures.
- Document and communicate results and findings to define performance or facilitate root cause analysis and resolution when failure occurs.
- Support team in performing other Electro-Mechanical testing and measurements.
- Perform basic soldering, wiring, fixture setup and product labeling to track UUTs.
- Support test facility and equipment maintenance and management.
- Provide oversight of testing being conducted by interns.
- 3 years’ experience performing system level testing, preferably performance testing.
- Detail oriented and organized with a proven track record of documenting test results as well as recognizing and documenting deviations, anomalies, and failures during testing.
- Experience using test instrumentation such as power supplies, power meters, accelerometers, and data acquisition systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging electro-mechanical equipment, electronic setups, and measurement equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of task execution and work with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable working in team environment, adapting to changes in assignments, and balancing competing priorities.
- Able to communicate technical information and test results effectively and provide test summaries.
- Proficient with mechanical and electrical tools used in testing, and troubleshoot of electromechanical systems (e.g. common hand tools, drills, presses, grinders and multi-meters).
- Experience with Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- 5 years relevant test experience.
- Proficient with larger machinery and equipment (e.g. mills, lathes, temperature chambers, vibration tables, and HALT chambers).
- Experience analyzing data to recognize trends and verify measurement quality.
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with NI LabVIEW, JIRA, MS SharePoint, and PTC Windchill.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexon Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!