Connexon’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Research Associate
Hiring Organization: Connexon Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Research Associate works under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and the Study Director along with the general guidance of the Operations Coordinator and the Scientists. Research Associate are proficient in animal procedures/animal husbandry, colony management, grant, internal, and/or contract research studies according to the study protocols and the company guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract to Permanent
- Pay rate: 24-27/hr.
- Job Location: Worcester, MA
- Job# bh11544
- Date Posted: 7/21/2020
• Maintains animal room records including, but not limited to animal identification, cage side observations/clinical observations and environmental parameters (e.g. temperature, humidity). Observes, records and reports atypical findings to veterinary staff and/or senior personnel.
• Independently reads and understands study protocols and relevant SOPs prior to performing associated duties on designated research projects;
• Performs all aspects of a study cycle for grant, internal, and/or contract research studies including, but not limited to: o Primary Technician role and responsibility; o receipt, distribution and husbandry of animals; o orders materials and supplies as required for projects; o prepares forms and generates study books; o prepares procedure rooms with all necessary supplies, materials and equipment required for projects; o verifies drugs/agents prior to use and calculates dose administrations; o performs dosing regimen, blood collection, frequency of sample, euthanasia, tissue collection and data collection; o uses anesthetics for unconscious and/or surgical procedures; o monitors grant, internal, and/or contract research studies in progress and clinically evaluates; o observes, records and reports atypical findings to veterinary staff or senior personnel; o critically evaluates data; tabulate, graph and perform basic statistical analysis; o performs data quality control review according to SOPs or study protocols; o may interact with clients to provide necessary information about study.
• With guidance from senior scientific staff, may serve as a Study Director to conduct assigned research studies of basic complexity and/or colony management including, but not limited to: o Study Director role and responsibility according to SOPs; o generates study protocols, study amendments and study timelines; o generates IACUC protocols, IACUC amendments, and serve as the Principal Investigator on IACUC protocols; o may participate in the proposal management and budgetary process,
Orders materials and supplies as required for projects; o generates study calendars (and matrices if applicable); o may direct study performance including the oversight of primary technicians and the QC of data. o may review, interpret and present data as applicable for assigned studies; o generates Data Submission, Final Reports and/or Summary Reports;
• May review/edit company guidelines and SOPs.
• May work directly with Scientists and Scientific Directors on assigned projects.
• May acquire Designated Trainer role and assist with personnel training including training for technical procedures and competency testing.
• Comprehends procedures and performs tasks according to company policies and SOPs.
• Complies with all regulatory guidelines, occupational health as well as health and safety programs, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education Work Experience At least 10 years of laboratory animal science experience (ALAT preferred) Associate’s Degree in Science AND 7 years of related laboratory animal science experience (LATG preferred) OR BS Degree in Science (or equivalent degree) AND 5 years of related laboratory animal science experience
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexon Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!