Connexon’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: 2nd Shift Manufacturing Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexon Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: 2nd Shift Manufacturing Manager
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 90-95K
- Job Location: Streetsboro, OH
- Job# bh11537
- Date Posted: 7/21/2020
Hours: 2nd SHIFT! 4:30pm - 2 am with occasional Saturdays required
- A steady well-developed leader.
- Will have 50 direct reports (give or take on volume)
The Shift Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the shift in regards to multiple departments to include: developing associates, ensuring that the team consensus is used to thoroughly evaluate decisions, that those decisions are rapidly implemented, budget planning, employment decisions related to associates and performance assessment of all direct reports, team leaders and associates.
The Shift Manager will provide a high level of leadership for the employees within the shift. The Shift Manager will drive the overall performance of Manufacturing Units or Value Streams, defined by Product Line, Group or Family for multiple lines. They will ensure a safe work environment, drive profitable growth, deliver outstanding customer service, develop a technically qualified workforce, and reduces operating cost and inventories through incremental & continuous improvement projects.
The focus of this role is to drive labor productivity, throughput and customer OTD. As a focal leader in the plant leadership team, this role will be critical in transforming the operations team into a customer-centric focused engaged workforce.
· Lead Operations Team: Lead the operations team to meet the daily production KPIs that drive the needs of the customer and the 95% OTD goal. Lead the departmental teams to develop/implement/execute the daily production plan and work with the operations team to execute the plan to meet the needs of the customer while improving the processes and achieving the operations KPI's.
· Manage Operations: Develop/maintain the capacity model for the area production departments to ensure we have adequate resources & operators to meet the needs of the customer for both the short & long term. This also includes developing plans to expand our workforce and equipment as needed for future growth.
· Develop Operations Team: Develop the operations team in the various manufacturing methodologies to continue to improve/expand their skill sets and knowledge to meet the needs of the customer and continue to drive improvements. This includes developing and maintaining the training needs of the operations group.
· Support Lean Manufacturing Initiatives: The area manager will work hand-in-hand with the Maintenance, Quality, lean and process engineers to drive process improvements for the site; supporting Lean events and process improvements for the business. Working closely with management on lean process projects to reduce waste and improve efficiencies.
· Drive Employee Engagement: Needs to develop and implement an action plan to improve their operations team through employee development.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads and influences all elements of their shift (material, manpower, machines, etc.) from material inputs to parts shipment including overall responsibility of Safety, Quality, Maintenance, Manning and Process Improvement to effect maximum level of productivity, quality and on-time-in full delivery of product.
- Manages productivity levels within the shift. Continuously improve productivity, flow, changeovers, etc. through the implementation of Lean principles.
- Lead the development of current and future state value stream maps and continuous improvement plans, as well as the implementation of those plans across the value streams. Be highly visible to associates and promote hands-on, high involvement approaches to problem solving. Support new product development by driving the operations requirements.
- Reviews/Ensures success of the day-to-day production KPI’s and activities within their area. Drive cross-functional execution and track daily performance through the use of gemba boards on a daily basis ensuring countermeasures are identified. Emphasizing prevention of potential problems and hazardous conditions.
- Conducts safety investigations as needed. Performs 6S audits. Responsible for developing and monitoring standard work and quality standards. Performs layered process audits and quality audits through the use of leader standard work.
- Conducts OTD analysis of departments and proactively updates gaps. Manages resources of the assigned areas of the value stream. Manages assigned resources to or below budgetary levels.
- Ensures accuracy and proper management of inventory. Ensures timely disposition of scrap and non-conforming materials.
- Coordinates shift’s vacation schedule to ensure adequate coverage and completion of departments' work schedule. Provides input and makes recommendations for requisitioning, placing, and training of employees assigned to designated production areas.
- Develops and delivers complete, fair, accurate and meaningful employee performance reviews. Responsible for team’s adherence to company policies and procedures. Ensures payroll system is updated daily and certified weekly. Ensures cross-training of employees is conducted for the development and skills matrix is updated.
- Identifies product/production problems, review production re-work and rejected parts. Assist in determining and eliminate causes; works with support departments to minimize rejects and maintain optimum production flow.
- Serve as a change agent by influencing, communicating and institutionalizing a culture of simplification, standard work, process improvement and lean principles.
- Ensures the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong manufacturing/operations background
- Bachelor’s Degree (in a technical field preferred) and or 10 years manufacturing experience in a lean environment.
- Excellent computer skills required
- Management experience required
- Positive interpersonal and facilitation skills with excellent presentation and written/verbal communication skills to properly direct, assist and train personnel is needed
- Proven experience in influencing, leading cross functional teams and driving change results
- Knowledge of Quality practices and instructions
- Demonstrated problem solving, manufacturing practice applications (e.g., SPC, Flow Charts, standardized work, KAIZEN, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results.
- Customer-focused in meeting commitments of quality and delivery.
- Superior interpersonal skills, delivers information clearly and factually. Capable of adjusting to situation or audience.
- Demonstrates personal leadership skills; high-performance behaviors, self-initiative, excellent work ethic, exercises good judgment, influencing, mentoring, coaching, negotiation and collaboration.
Workplace safety, team building and financial awareness
Description: Experience in designing and developing software components and having a very strong Service Oriented Architecture and integration background.
- Experience in Salesforce (SFDC) CRM with end to end implementation experience.
- Salesforce.com integration experience, including between different business systems as well as working with integration tools.
- Strong experience with configuration, customization, programming with APEX APIs, APEX Triggers, and implementing new instances of Salesforce.com from scratch.
- Strong practical deployment knowledge of VisualForce, Salesforce configurations, Apex classes, APEX Web services, API, AppExchange deployment.
- Ability to define the system landscape, to identify gaps between current and desired end-states, and deliver a CRM solution.
- Additional Salesforce.com experience includes Workflow Alerts and Actions, and Approval Workflow.
- Knowledge of data management, including data capture, warehousing, segmentation, mining, storing, cleaning and security -Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills -Certification -Experience with conducting technical process reviews, technical UAT's and working in partnership with the business consultants
Skills and Experience:
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexon Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!