Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Lab IT Analyst (Windows 10)
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Lab IT Analyst (Windows 10)
Lab IT role, need to have a little more background in laboratory IT, understand the IT function in a regulated or STEM environment (does not need to be life sciences). Experience with lab devices is a plus. Need to be well versed in MS products, Intermediate Excel experience is required as well, will be working on spreadsheets that will be migrated from one system to another. BA or relevant experience (we prefer well versed MS experience over education). We would like to see 5-10 years’ experience, need to be able to hit the ground running. Will need to be able to work independently but on a team project. Good communication skills are vital for this role, they will be customer facing, and will participate in a Scrum environment. We will consider candidates who possess a little management/leadership experience, 1-2 years.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract- 2 years
- Pay rate: 35-38/hr.
- Job Location: Troy, NY
- Job# bh11514
- Date Posted: 7/10/2020
The WIN 10 Analyst is responsible for the Windows 10 migration activities at a client’s facility. This is a 22-month contract. Candidate must be an outgoing individual and who is experience in various lab environments.
- Build and maintain a working relationship with Lab Owners, IT Teams and Management.
- Update the physical inventory of lab equipment, PC’s, software and any other information pertinent to the environment
- Collaborates with client’s project management team to assure a seamless migration
- Migrate computers and software per the PKI Windows 10 documentation
- Document procedures, policies, troubleshooting and best practices
- Coordinates and works with outside vendors, with migrations.
- Maintain daily project related communications with the Windows 10 team
- Participate in daily project scrum meetings
- Listens actively and communicates promptly and effectively with users and the Windows 10 management team. Provides timely follow-up.
- Escalates migration issues to the project manager.
- Professionalism, excellent listening skills, superior analytical skills, great verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage one’s time with minimal supervision to achieve objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a minimum of 5-10 years of relevant professional experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in lab environment.
- Understanding of lab practices, instruments and software
- Demonstrated Leadership abilities and be achievement oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be customer service orientated and believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability and Initiative.
- Problem solving skills to resolve issues
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!