Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Director of Quality
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Director of Quality
- APQP or FDA quality experience
- ISO registration experience
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 140-160K
- Job Location: Cambridge, MA 02138
- Job# bh11496
- Date Posted: 6/30/2020
The Director, Quality is a key member of the high performing team that is bringing an advanced lithium ion battery to market along with developing the proprietary manufacturing system that will produce this product. The successful candidate will have broad involvement with the product development, manufacturing development and operations teams and will be responsible for product quality, document control implementation, and production system quality. The engineering development programs are fast paced, requiring the person in this role to move quickly and confidently, ensuring quality is met while minimizing unnecessary red tape. The client needs a collaborative team member with a strong quality background that will allow him/her to lead the team in establishing quality systems from the ground up, then in operating these systems in an efficient manner. Strong interpersonal skills are required, as are a strong work ethic and attention to detail. The role will report to Director, Product Engineering & Operations.
· Build, develop, and lead the quality activities
· Collaborate with the product development team on specifications, from raw material to finished product
· Lead raw material supplier quality assessments, working closely with external partners and the product team
· Facilitate the translation of specifications into proper process control limits through collaboration with both the product development and manufacturing development teams
· Establish procedures for measurement of product and process specifications. Collaborate with the engineering team to identify measurement methods and equipment as appropriate
· Identify and solve process quality issues within our existing pilot-scale operation. Conduct process capability studies using statistical analysis methods.
· Facilitate failure analysis efforts. Establish, communicate and own all processes as related to failure analysis for production and test
· Facilitate the DFMEA and PFMEA processes, and engineering change control management.
· Establish the receiving inspection procedure and inventory process for R&D and standard product development working with engineering group and accounting and purchase group.
· Creating robust BOM and WIP control process working with operation and IT group.
· Provide document control leadership that includes establishing the list of required documents; creating the structure for each one; ensuring creation by the team; and managing archival and version control
Required Skills and Experience
- 10+ years directly related work experience. Highly qualified and motivated candidates with less experience will be considered
- Lithium ion manufacturing experience strongly preferred
- Experience with organized quality systems including ISO 9000, ISO/IEC 17025, ISO/TS 16949 or ISO/TS 13485.
- Experience with the high-volume manufacturing of a cost sensitive product that was required to meet strict quality and safety standards
- Experience building and operating quality systems in a startup environment. Able to achieve quality goals using lightweight approaches. ISO registration experiences in a startup is preferred.
- Highly motivated and action-oriented as demonstrated by accomplishments
- Demonstrated history of having a strong attention to detail
- Able to act independently and willing to be the quality leader for our team
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment. Able to juggle many competing tasks and priorities
- Motivated to go beyond the job role- always seeking ways to improve, and opportunities to help at the “edges” of the job role
- International and domestic travel is required in implementing QC system at our partners and in conducting our supplier audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!