Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Cloud Sysops Backup & Patching Admin
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Cloud Sysops Backup & Patching Admin
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract - 18 months
- Pay rate: 60-70/hr.
- Job Location: Hartford, CT
- Job# bh11489
- Date Posted: 6/29/2020
Cloud SysOps General Administrator
Hands-on experience with Terraform Enterprise and/or Ansible Tower development
Questions (Must answer YES to # 1 & 2)
Are you a US citizen?
Do you meet all the identified requirements listed for the position?
- Monitor cloud infrastructure to ensure availability and performance SLAs are met
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Patching & Backup Technologies
- Follow incident, change, release, and problem management processe
- Provide backup and recovery support for cloud resources including executing disaster recovery procedures and supporting disaster recovery testing
- Monitor and report on compliance programs
- Collect, aggregate, analyze and report on metrics collected
- Clean up and decommissioning of unused or uncompliant resources
- OS patching
- Tagging and Account Management
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years IT/IS operations experience
- Proficiency with Agile and DevOps tools
- Hands-on experience with Terraform Enterprise and/or Ansible Tower development
- Experience operating in government regulated environments with strict compliance requirements
- Experience with scripting tools like; Chef, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.
- A keen interest in new technologies and open source
- Willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience with Agile project management, and Jira and Confluence
Ability to take requirements, break down into stories and tasks, estimate work, report status and issues, and execute with limited oversight
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!