Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior HPC Systems Admin
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Senior HPC Systems Administrator
- Key skill areas: 1) Candidate must come from an HPC environment, 2) must have done Linux/Windows integration and have worked with Active Directory and 3) must have installed (rollouts) and also administered analytical applications (such as SAS, Python, R and Stata). Experience managing the SAS grid is critical
- This person will be their on-site expert but they will have other resources to draw on – Presidio currently deals with the infrastructure and storage/hardware, ATS is responsible for Grid running (They use Galileo which is a performance statistical application), this person will be involved in the other aspect of this – which would be the managing of the analytical applications…The storage involved is a petabyte.
- Should have experience with Spectrum Scale LSF (this is what the AG environment is)
- The manager would also like such a candidate to have experience working in a private corporation.
- Degree is preferred but not required if they have the right skill set.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 150K
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Job# bh11467
- Date Posted: 6/18/2020
The role is responsible for the operation and maintenance of a Linux clustered computing environment, the Linux operating system, analytical applications and general infrastructure activities. The administrator ensures that all systems are operating efficiently, devices and applications are current, monitors, documents and reports on system operation, including change management and performance statistics.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, tune and manage analytical computing environment for statisticians
- Optimize systems and infrastructure performance with parallelization technologies
- Manage access authentication including PAM, LDAP integration and single sign-on
- Design and develop scripts for system administration, automating tasks, monitoring and usage reporting
- Troubleshoots, isolates and resolves application, systems and other technical problems (hardware, software, network)
- Develops and implements backup and recovery programs
- Researches, deploys and manages general infrastructure, including development of policies and procedures
- Migrates data from heterogeneous environments to Linux or cloud
- Monitor performance, troubleshoot problem areas and provide statistics and reports
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, processes, change management, inventory and service records
- Ensure continuous network connectivity of all equipment
- Conduct research and report on products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the technology industry
- 24x7 On-call rotation, troubleshoot/resolve remotely or onsite as necessary
- University degree in computer science or electrical engineering
- Hands-on Linux Systems Administrator with 5+ years of experience in a research or production setting
- Proficiency with remote access technologies and tools such as RDP, SSH and emulation software
- Experience with integrating Linux in Microsoft Windows client environment
- Experience with Clusters and Cluster File Systems using technologies such as GPFS, BeeGFS or GFS2 or other clustered file systems
- Experience with SLURM, Platform LSF or other job schedulers
- Experience managing SAS grid, Python, R and Stata environments
- Experience with TCP/IP troubleshooting, including UDP and multicast
- Experience with Web Application Servers and general practices for troubleshooting issues (log locations and general contents)
- Experience with interpreted or scripting language (Perl, Python, Bash)
- Experience with TSM and Git is highly desired
- Experience with automating OS and application installations is highly desired
- Experience with Bright Cluster Manager is highly desired
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet or another configuration management tool is highly desired
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Singularity) is highly desired
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS, Azure) is highly desired
- Proven experience working independently
- Technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong customer service orientation
Experience working in a collaborative environment
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!