Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Director of Facilities
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Director of Facilities
Primary: The position is responsible for ensuring that the CDBUs facilities and equipment are maintained at operational readiness in a cGMP and ISO 13485 compliant state. This position oversees a comprehensive preventive maintenance and equipment lifecycle program, coordinates with third-party vendors and contractors and is a key partner to business leadership in the BUs capital planning and site utilization strategy.
Secondary: This position is responsible for leading, managing, and developing a team of facilities staff to fulfil the departments mission. The department must be prepared to respond to emergency facility and/or equipment demands 24/7. The CDBUs Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Program, which includes responsibility for the Hazardous and Biomedical Waste Management programs, is under its ownership.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 135-140K
- Job Location: Milford, MA
- Job# bh11464
- Date Posted: 6/17/2020
• Develop and implement best practices to improve efficiency, quality, and cost improvements.
• Manage Facilities Budget and serve as key stakeholder in CDBUs Capital Budget.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of and adherence to cGMP and safety policies and procedures.
• Deploy Project Management Tools to deliver completed projects, on-time and on-budget.
• Write change-orders and create, review and revise Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Manage core services, including Utilities, Fire Safety, Property Insurance and Vendor Managed Services such as HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, coordinating with Property Management as required.
• Utilize the CMMS (e.g. Faciliworks) across available modules, including work order management, asset management, maintenance and calibration activities, etc.
• Oversee the CDBUs Water System, Cold Storage Equipment & Temperature Monitoring program.
• Coordinate, alongside the Supply Chain, Quality and Science & Technology teams, to:
• support in the selection and installation of new assets, including analytical instrumentation and process equipment;
• perform maintenance on pumps, motors, agitators and other equipment;
• problem solve, including non-conformance, deviations and root cause investigations; and
• support continuous improvement programs.
• Ensure that the CDBUs Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery (BCDR) plans are up-to-date and consider the facilities-related components necessary to mitigate disruption to the business.
• Provide on-call support for off-hours emergencies.
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
• Highly independent, self-directed and pro-active individual with a positive attitude and goal-oriented focus.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to connect and communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with internal and external customers as well as vendor and service organizations.
• Able to manage multiple priorities, within a fast-paced, innovative environment, while remaining flexible, resourceful and efficient to meet the needs of the organization
• Able to make appropriate decisions, using independent judgement and discretion, to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
• Adept at working within approved budget and developing/implementing cost saving measures that contribute to overall company revenue
• Creative in problem solving and solution development with exceptional attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to lead, train, and mentor team members. Fosters a culture of innovation by always being open to new ideas, encouraging employees to experiment and consider seemingly unconventional ideas, supporting others who take calculated risks and recognizing and rewarding innovation.
Education and/or Experience
• 10 plus years’ experience performing day-to-day facility and equipment related maintenance in cGMP environment within an ISO 13485 Quality System (or similarly regulated environment).
• Bachelor of Science in engineering, facilities management, or a related discipline.
• OSHA-10 / -30 and 40-HR HAZWOPER Certified, preferred.
• Experience managing a team of facilities maintenance technicians.
• Must be able to efficiently perform preventive/predictive maintenance and troubleshoot complex utility systems including PLCs, electronic systems, HVAC, refrigeration, electrical, air, water, steam, lab equipment, and/or other production equipment.
• Must have experience scheduling and coordinating work with external contractors and services with the goal of minimal impact or disruption to manufacturing or distribution operations.
• Experienced user with CAD, Visio and other design software, preferred.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!