Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Lab Computer Analyst/ Software Support Analyst
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Lab Computing Analyst / Scientific Application
LabX experience required, prefer Labx data migration experience.
Provides scientific and laboratory services, including multivendor instrument, information technology and validation/compliance services. Implements, monitors and provides technical support of customer laboratory IT environments, typically integrated with instrumentation. Implements customer specified benchtop computing design and processes.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 6 months
- Pay rate: 40-46/hr.
- Job Location: Cambridge, MA 02138
- Job# bh11463
- Date Posted: 6/17/2020
Summary: Provide Application Support for LabX, including performing upgrades and data migration
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as Technical Lead on a laboratory upgrade project, with specific focus on LabX (Mettler-Toledo)
- Provide administration, deployment, and client-side support of LabX
- Provides application and domain expertise to develop solutions to meet requirements
- Provides technical support of customer laboratory IT systems integrated with Lab X
- Assist systems users with defining, authoring and documenting system use in user, admin, and maintenance SOPs
- Take ownership of related tasks, work under minimal supervision, and utilize industry experience to make tactical decisions
- Implement client defined standard computing platform and security policies
- Execute validation test scripts
- Identify and implement enhancements, upgrades and/or solutions to improve the overall support of the lab computing environment
- Provides feedback and suggestions to the client for future improvements
Knowledge and Skills:
- Mettler LabX deployment and method development and experience (end to end)
- Lab experience with pH meters, balances, titrators, refractometers, melting point and density meters
- 2+ years' experience with LabX method development and data migration
- Experience executing test scripts is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in Science in Computer Science, Life Science or equivalent industry experience
5+ years of experience providing technical support of customer laboratory IT systems
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!