Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Inside Sales Coordinator
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Inside Sales Coordinator, big part of this job will be handling quotations, so understanding blueprints & drawings and working with customers on future forecasting
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 65-75K
- Job Location: Norwood, MA
- Job# bh11446
- Date Posted: 6/10/2020
The Inside Sales Coordinator has responsibility for contributing to the growth and profitability of the business; primarily quoting opportunities that come into the company. The function is to take a lead role in managing the initial review and quoting of new customer projects. This position will work with Sales, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Customer Service.
The Inside Sales Coordinator will manage the process of reviewing of customer drawings/requirements; quantifying costs associated with sourcing of material, inspection, PTFE coating, final inspection, scrap rates, and packaging/shipping details to meet customer requirements.
Responsible for coordination with sales, quality, engineering, manufacturing and supply chain teams to deliver quotes in a timely manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the sales process by leading and managing the quoting activities of all new business opportunities. This includes the creation and delivery of quotes, lead times, and/or development time and cost estimates.
- Communicates with sales reps and customers to clarify specifications, capabilities, development and engineering requirements, lead times, and deliverables.
- Tracks and maintains information necessary to improve quote turnaround time. This includes time and material standards for core processes and capabilities.
- Interface directly with customers to clarify and obtain information needed to complete quotations.
- Works with suppliers and internal purchasing to obtain competitive pricing and lead times. Communicates regularly with suppliers to ensure timely delivery.
- Monitors and ensures profitability on all projects.
- Maintains reporting on the progress of open quotations and open RFQ’s.
- Work within the established company-wide quality documentation system, including key aspects such as contract review, print development, change control, inspection method development and creation of inspection documentation.
- Develop and maintain metrics to drive continuous improvement and meet customer expectations; this includes quote turnaround time and quote hit rate.
- Working with the CFO, develop a standard cost structure and quoting strategy to deliver strong gross margins for the customer mandrel business segment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of professional experience. Experience in medical device manufacturing, servicing OEM and / or contract manufacturers a plus.
- Experience in product development a plus.
- Experience in ERP systems and CAD modeling and drawings a plus.
- Strong Microsoft excel and math skills 2
- Strong computer and reporting skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!