Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Email Marketing Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Email Marketing Manager
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 6-12 months
- Pay rate: 60-68/hr.
- Job Location: Newark, CA
- Job# bh11428
- Date Posted: 6/5/2020
Key to this role is experience with B2C or D2C marketing and Adobe Campaign Standard
Will be working with the global brand equity group (marketing org)
Will be involved with direct to consumer marketing on the G team (gaming product) -
The role encompasses email and CRM marketing
Will focus on strategy and operations across brands
Basically, looking for an email marketing manager
Group works across brands – will have visibility across the board with products
His team has 5 people – won’t get pigeon holed or lost in the crowd. Will be working cross functionally – needs to be comfortable with this
Looking for someone who has end to end email marketing manager experience. Will partner with business owners, manage creative development and build and deploy email. It’s an end to end role
Need someone proficient in Adobe Campaign Standard (ACS)– this is a MUST HAVE. They don’t have this expertise on the team now. Anyone who doesn’t have it will be rejected. Must be able to set up emails, automated workflows, API trigger campaigns. Need understanding of marketing databases
Someone who is a gamer would be ideal – it’s a niche audience. It’s not a requirement, but will be targeting a younger demographic so it will help if this person understands their audience
HTML experience would be a plus
Ideally looking for experience on the direct to consumer or B2C side (business to consumer)
Prefers a Bachelors’ degree at minimum
You will manage the end-to-end email program for the company brand of gaming products. As the owner of the email channel, you’ll be responsible for driving global revenue while optimizing email engagement, transactional frequency, and spending per customer. You will oversee email campaign planning, design, copywriting, loading/building, QA, and reporting.
In addition, you will support the Senior Manager in the development of new initiatives to optimize email efficiency and governance.
Your Contribution/Duties include:
- Own the development of all emails using our ESP tool, Adobe Campaign Standard
- Partner with the company specific business group to curate content and assets for newsletters, marketing announcements and lifecycle communications
- Develop, expand and optimize the company triggered email programs
- Develop creative briefs for new campaigns
- Partner with company’s creative agency to design and build campaigns.
- Assist in the development of email copy and A/B testing
- Ensure accuracy of all email marketing assets with detail-oriented QA
- Stay current with email delivery best practices to maximize deliverability and response rates
- Develop and maintain an email calendar in partnership with the company’s marketing team
- Review email reporting to provide real-time insights, analyze performance and identify areas of opportunity (for A/B testing, trying innovative approaches, etc.)
- Identify opportunities for value-added promotions/offerings to drive e-commerce without creating channel conflict.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills to our team:
- 3+ years’ experience in email and/or CRM marketing, ideally with a B2C focus
- 3+ years’ experience managing and executing email campaigns -- including building, testing, and deployment.
- Functional knowledge and experience with Adobe Campaign Standard (ASC) is required, no exceptions. Build campaigns with ACS but also support other team members with technical knowledge as needed
- Basic understanding of database infrastructure is a plus
- Experience in audience segmentation and targeting
- Deep understanding of analytics with a proven track record of using data to drive decisions
- Functional knowledge of HTML, CSS, Photoshop is a plus.
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A quick learner, adaptable to new technologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong proficiency with standard business applications (G Suite)
- Passion for gaming is a plus
Skills and behaviors include:
- Willingness to take risks and try new things.
- Experience and interest in technology, consumer technology or consumer electronics.
- Strong collaborative mindset with a positive attitude
- Flexibility (within reason) to work outside normal business hours.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!