Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Field Service Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Field Service Engineer
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Responsible for servicing equipment on-site or remotely for our client’s customers. Will assume ownership for all assigned tasks. Will be responsible for completing all assigned tasks in a timely manner and with a high quality of workmanship. Will adhere to standard procedures and schedules. Must be capable to troubleshoot and problem solve, when required by the tasks assigned. Must be customer-focused and project a professional image. Also needs to be a self-starter and take direction well from supervisor. Excellent mechanical, electrical, and computer skills are required. PLC troubleshooting experience desirable.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 50K + Overtime
- Job Location: Cape Cod
- Job# bh11423
- Date Posted: 6/4/2020
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes machine malfunctions and troubleshoots solutions on site or remotely.
- Repairs all mechanical and electrical machine failures on site.
- Recommends parts and/or additional service, as necessary.
- Notifies supervisor regarding any issues that impact the ability to provide positive results affecting customer satisfaction with the service call.
- Offers recommendations to solve problems.
- Documents all service calls and updates Salesforce records.
- Conducts on-site Predictive Maintenance Inspections on machinery using various measurement and testing devices. Once the on-site inspection is complete, generates a detailed list of replacement parts and passes list to the parts department for quoting.
- Adheres to safety procedures at HQ and remote locations.
- Reports any safety issues, including “near misses” and accidents as soon as possible.
- Troubleshoots various types of programmable controllers (PLC’s) by testing, installing and debugging programs.
- Programs customer interface devices by testing, installing and debugging.
- Loads and debugs servo controller programs.
- Tests and debugs wiring and controls on all types of products.
- Travel approximately 60%, some international travel required (U.S. Passport is required).
- Submits accurate, complete travel expense accounts within 5 days of completion of business trip.
- Follows up with customer to ensure complete satisfaction.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates machine HMI, machine operation and maintenance schedules both on-site at customer’s facility and at corporate site during machines acceptance, if required.
- Provides training at customers site acceptance, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor in the event of special projects or unplanned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Daily contact with either the Service Engineer or Supervisor is required to discuss progress of the service call.
- Serves as back up to other positions to cover vacations and other absences.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED AND PREFERRED:
- Three+ years of previous capital equipment service technician experience strongly desired.
- Proven Electrical wiring expertise essential.
- Certificate program or training in PLC logic and Siemens control units desirable.
- Continuous improvement skill-set required.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!