Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Application Engineering Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Applications Engineering Manager
The individual will report to the Director of Engineering and will interface with Sales and Order Administration, Manufacturing Engineering, and Production functions to ensure the best solution for the customer’s proposal. The Engineering Manager will be expected to manage the process of pulling together all necessary information into a coherent proposal for submittal to the customer.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 120-130K
- Job Location: Haverhill, MA
- Job# bh11411
- Date Posted: 6/1/2020
- Support sales effort by providing technical consultation to customers on cable design as required (military/ aerospace fiber optic and copper assembly products).
- Adapt existing product designs to meet new specifications and applications
- Oversee development efforts of the Application Engineering team
- Write, review and sign off engineering changes as required.
- Review existing and/or create new detailed drawings, bill of materials and other documentation.
- Evaluate and resolve technical feasibility, design optimization, and production issues
- Provide engineering expertise in the areas of tooling, prints, specifications, product maintenance, raw materials.
- Recommend methods, materials and layouts for improvement based on manufacturing needs and capabilities
- Manage proposal activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Will manage a team of Application Engineers (5-10 engineers)
- Will need to build and develop relationships cross-functionally to get results
- BS within an engineering related discipline required.
- Strong and proven track record as an Engineering Manager.
- Prior engineering management experience within ISO 9001 or AS9100 production environment.
- Prior fiber optic or copper cable assembly experience preferred.
- Prior DoD/MIL-STD manufacturing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials selections, and product testing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work successfully and efficiently cross functionally
- Ability to troubleshoot issues
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi task and lead a team
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Group Term Life and Long-term Disability
- 401 K retirement plan
- Leverages tools and technologies to appropriately support a variety of learning delivery methods for face-to-face classroom instruction, simulation-based skills training, e-Learning, webcasts, webinars, audiocasts, podcasts, vodcasts, mobile learning and/or blended course strategies.
- Ability to maintain a customer focus and achieve learning goals.
- Ability to manage, synthesize, and communicate complex information.
- Ability to present training and development programs and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Solid knowledge of instructional design principles and best practices.
- Solid knowledge of adult educational learning theories.
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Instructional Design
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Suite
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!