Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Information Technology Systems Support Specialist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Systems Support Specialist
*Part Time – 20 hours/week, hours are flexible*
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 6 months – Part-Time
- Pay rate: 50-55/hr.
- Job Location: Cambridge, MA or Remote
- Job# bh11401
- Date Posted: 5/27/2020
This position will serve as a multifaceted Systems Support Specialist to provide Professional NuGenesis Software Support and related activities in support of a large NuGenesis Upgrade project in a GxP environment. Excellent technical and communication skills are necessary to positively interact with customers and effectively communicate at all levels. Successful candidates will be self-starters who can independently manage their tasks and schedules, as well as coordinating schedules for multiple teams.
Life science laboratories require advanced informatics solutions in order to operate effectively and efficiently. This role would be responsible for supporting researchers in the expert use of these systems. The right candidate would have laboratory experience and a background in supporting scientific applications. This position requires knowledge of Windows, Linux a significant PLUS, though not required, in order to diagnose issues and manage applications, but does not require day-to-day management (OS provisioning, OS patching, etc.).
- Maintain positive, professional communications with customers, vendors, and colleagues.
- Gather business requirements and troubleshoot GxP hardware and software issues in a timely manner.
- Create and update GxP Documentation for compliance and quality control in support of Change Management activities.
- Manage application user lifecycle management.
- Accurately process and record support transactions using designated tracking software.
- Perform data entry and follow up on activities for completeness and timeliness.
- Stay current with training, compliance, and system information, changes, and updates.
- Follow GxP standard procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Provide a high level of support for applications hosted on Linux and Windows.
- Work with software vendors for application troubleshooting.
- Develop test/validation plans, write test protocols, and conduct necessary tests to confirm functional and design requirements and GxP compliance.
- Some off-hours support may be required to install application upgrades or patches.
- Candidate must have 5+ years of GxP experience and 3+ years of Waters application knowledge (NuGenesis SDMS, Empower) from an IT administrator perspective.
- IT support experience with a good understanding of operating systems, networking components, data integrity, data security, and database structures.
- Experience administering scientific applications in GxP Lab environments.
2+ years Linux administration experience.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!