Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
- Work directly with business stakeholders to enable the business to do self-service reporting and analytics on data sourced from a wide variety of systems and a wide variety of subject areas, primarily using SAP Business Objects and Tableau (evolving future state) and in a declining role using SiSense (as-is state). Acts as the go-to Data Analyst to analyze business data to support the businesses decision making needs. Works with the Corporate BI Team to define local business requirements and sources for data within the CDBU.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: $100K
- Job Location: Cumberland, ME
- Job# bh11396
- Date Posted: 5/22/2020
- Continually learn the CDBU’s business and the meaning of underlying business data to directly support the business as a Data Analyst and to work with the Corporate BI Team to help them build a data warehouse and to enable reporting tools for the CDBU business people to use for self-service analysis and reporting.
- For the as-is SiSense solution, develops connections to source systems, builds extraction and transformation jobs, models data within SiSense “elasticubes” either personally or via a contractor. Implements solutions that are scalable and easily maintainable. Sources include SAP, SalesForce, Excel, and many other datasets.
- From a high-level data governance perspective, drives data quality across systems by recommending and instituting data ownership with responsibilities, by monitoring\auditing master data across systems, implements data cleansing procedures, and recommends integration solutions and\or tools that minimizes data inconsistencies.
- Manage small to medium projects for upgrades, patches, and new functional capability for the SiSense environment either directly or via a contractor.
- Manage the SiSense system until we have migrated off of it to the Corporate solution. System and functional administration.
- Provide SiSense break\fix, ongoing support, and enhancements. Develop cubes proactively or with help from a contractor.
- Monitor SiSense performance and optimize the extraction jobs, elasticube updates and overall design, with resolution provided via a contractor.
- Develop and provide super-user training to support a train-the-trainer program
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Self-starter, curious, accountable, enjoys a healthy level of autonomy, strong work ethic, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high-intensity small business environment.
- Is comfortable interacting will all levels of business people. Is proactive with a “can do”, is comfortable prioritizing and balancing workloads. Knows when to “check in” with management.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with popular analytics tools. Ideally has 3+ years of hands-on SAP Business Objects and Tableau reporting experience but not required.
- Strong understanding of data extraction, transformation, loading experience.
- 5+ years of SQL development.
- Nice to have - 3+ years of hands-on cube design in SiSense or another popular analytics tool (Qlik, Tableau, PowerBI or Looker).
- Nice to have - 3+ years of system administration of SiSense or another popular analytics tool (Qlik, Tableau, PowerBI or Looker).
- Nice to have - Hands on experience in Python scripting for data extraction and files moving.
- Nice to have - Hands on experience on creating the batch files and Scheduling them.
- BS Computer Science or some other quantitative field (Math, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, etc.).
- 7+ years of business applications experience especially in a business analytics role.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!