Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Electrician
Education/Certificates: Ideally, they would like a candidate with a Master Electrician License
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 30-33/hr.
- Job Location: Groton, MA
- Job# bh11391
- Date Posted: 5/22/2020
Ability to work with a team of highly motivated electrical professionals to install, calibrate, document, and maintain plant distribution and process control systems in a way that provides reliable repairs and installations that are critical to the plant’s operating success. The successful candidate must have the ability to perform all installations and maintenance in a way that insures their own safety and the safety of plant personnel from electrical hazards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, promotes, and implements effective communications with all internal customers (manufacturing, shipping, laboratory personnel).
- Installs conduit and wiring per N.E.C. and building codes for new installations of equipment, power systems, and control systems.
- Connects, tests, and calibrates machinery, controls, and instrumentation as required by the process.
- Tests, calibrates, diagnoses, and repairs power distribution, machine operation, and instrumentation. Diagnose and repair process system malfunctions.
- Maintains an efficient, clean shop and ensures the work area is left in a clean and orderly condition.
- Receives work instructions from supervision.
- Observes and inspects conditions of products to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Complies with safety, environmental, and quality requirements established by external and internal regulations.
- Adheres to general and key job-related ISO quality system procedures as defined through company Quality documents.
- Assists Process Control Technician when needed.
- Lays out and designs simple electrical circuitry.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years’ experience as a journeyman electrician in an industrial plant.
- Experience in PLC/IO and variable frequency drives.
- Demonstrated skills in the installation, calibration and testing of industrial electrical and electronic equipment, including programmable controllers and electronic drives.
- Proficiency in reading wiring diagrams and blueprints, and the use of mathematics for calculation of electrical installation and trouble shooting.
- Experience in instrumentation desirable.
- Must be willing and able to be trained in plants systems to improve needed knowledge
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!