Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Applications Analyst
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Applications Analyst, ideally looking for someone who has a background in some sort of professional services or legal industry.
The Applications Analyst is responsible for working within the applications team and with all departments to optimize business processes and support existing applications. This includes, but is not limited to, upgrading existing applications and implementing new applications, automating manual tasks, running periodic jobs, and developing new reports. The candidate will be involved in internally developed applications, assisting with the business analysis, development, testing, and deployment. This position is also responsible for resolving production problems and providing technical support.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: $100K
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Job# bh11373
- Date Posted: 5/13/2020
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Identify potential efficiency improvements to existing business processes.
- Implement vendor solutions with internal departments including vendor selection, requirements gathering, design, testing, and integration with existing systems.
- Design and develop improved methods for reporting and information sharing.
- Automate existing business and technical tasks, minimizing the amount of manual processes.
- Document application integration processes and participate in cross-training.
- Perform day-to-day administrative functions such as troubleshooting and end-user problem resolution for the applications.
- Identify and learn appropriate applications, data, and processes used and supported by the firm.
- Facilitate testing, defect resolution, and user acceptance. Perform post-resolution analysis to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Work with users to understand requirements and application functionality/capabilities.
- Provide production support, documenting the problem-solving process.
- Participate in the design, development and delivery of software applications and their training programs.
- Perform application administration/monitoring activities.
- Minimal travel to one or more offices may be required.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, and 6+ years of related work experience.
- Strong customer service skills and quick response time to internal and external requests.
- Strong, creative problem-solving skills.
- Motivated self-starter and team player.
- Attention to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in professional services or legal industry a plus.
- SQL Server – Experience with stored procedures, Transact SQL, SSIS packages, Integration Services, and Reporting Services. SQL Server administration experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office – Strong understanding of Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with advanced features such as VBA, pivot tables, as well as integration with SQL Server and SharePoint.
- Experience with mobile application technology a plus.
- ERP – Experience reporting from and integrating applications with financial packages. Elite 3E experience a plus.
CRM – Experience with integrating data from CRMs into other applications. InterAction experience a plus.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!