Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Senior Software Test Engineer
Our client is seeking: Senior Systems Test Engineer, will be responsible for optomechanical test system design and technical leadership to cross functional teams to develop industry-leading DNA sequencing instruments for clinical applications in an exciting, fast-paced environment. The foundation of all activities for this role is a wide, solid grasp of multiple areas of engineering, physics and molecular biology, and the ability to climb new learning curves quickly. Primary responsibilities include mapping complex use cases, development of system models/budgets, contributing to system & sub-system architecture designs, and developing test strategies for critical parameter, reliability and verification testing. The candidate should possess strong optomechanical design, organizational and communication skills to facilitate successful product development across hardware, consumables, firmware, software, and chemistry teams.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Full Time, 1 Year Contract
- Pay Range: $58/hr.
- San Diego, CA 92101
- Job# bh11330
- Design and develop optomechanical test systems to identify and quantify system sensitivities and failure processes over operational environments
- Leverage Experimental Design for efficient coverage of complex parameter spaces and physics of failure analysis in the execution of experiments
- Build the foundation for robust optomechanical system architectures. Create and maintain documents, models, & diagrams describing functional workflows and use cases. Examples include biochemistry workflows, hardware timing diagrams, fault trees, and assembly process workflows.
- Develop system models that guide test system design. These can include system tolerance budgets, performance, degradation, and failure models.
- Support architecture definition by partnering across sub-system design teams to align overlapping design requirements /constraints and drive teams in developing concepts, evaluating risks, and efficiently concluding on a design path.
- Support design teams in test system development to enable complex root-cause and failure analysis activities. This includes optical, mechanical, electrical, fluidic, or thermal components and modules, as well as system-level interactions.
- Support analysis, simulation and test efforts informing including hands on contributions to test system and experiment execution
Required Skills & Experience:
- B.S, M.S. or Ph.D. in Engineering or Physics
- Direct Experience in instrumentation design and development
- Test system development, statistical analysis fundamentals and record of producing results to drive decisions.
- Experience designing Opto-mechanical test fixtures for interrogating performance of an optical system
- Understands basic design, alignment and assembly practices of optical systems
- Proficient in GD&T per ASMEY14.5
- Experience developing multi-level tolerance stacks
- Experience building BOMs and assembly work instructions
- Demonstrated track record of rapidly climbing steep learning curves. Enthusiasm for tackling tough problems on aggressive schedules.
- Strong teamwork, communication and presentation skills (ability to distill complex technical information into technical recommendations)
- Experience with definition, setup, characterization and testing of complex systems, including design of experiments, reliability life tests, and root cause analysis.
- Experience and fluency in scientific computing and simulation, such as Matlab, Python or R
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience and / or curriculum in Optical Systems Engineering
- Experience developing products in a regulated environment (FDA 510k approval process)
- Technically proficient in disciplines including optics, microfluidics, heat transfer, precision motion, and electronics.
- Experience with Monte Carlo simulation.
- Experience with reliability simulation software.
- Experience with a wide range of manufacturing technologies including high precision techniques, low cost/high volume techniques, micro-fabrication techniques, design for manufacturing, and design for reliability.
- Fluency in the methods and vocabulary of nucleic acid analytical techniques and molecular biology.
- Specific experience with product development for laboratory instrumentation for biological analysis.
- Understanding of the physics of failure approach to reliability, failure mechanisms, failure analysis techniques, and basic probability concepts.
- Understanding of failure data analysis process, and accelerated testing principles.
- Understanding of health monitoring and electronic prognostics principles.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!