Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
- Our client is seeking: Software Engineers
- Group writes software for instrumentation (DNA sequencer)
- Really would like to see experience with hardware that interfaces with software
- Main skills – C# (will likely not hire without this), ASP.NET, Linux (may have some flex on Linux if they have very strong C#). Would consider someone with very strong Java or C++ who show aptitude for picking up C# and have all the other skills
- Need strong multithreaded and/or asynchronous programming. If they don’t have multithreaded XP they will most likely pass on the candidate.
- Has potential to be extended or converted to FTE
- Ideally looking for biotech XP in general – XP with liquid handlers, DNA sequencers.
- Will start remote and then will work on site
Responsibilities: Work as part of Agile scrum teams to design, implement, and test the instrument control software that powers our industry-leading DNA sequencing devices. Deliver software architecture, designs, and implementations. Participate in all aspects of our agile development process, from sprint planning to daily scrum meetings and sprint demos. Create and execute unit tests to verify functionality. Troubleshoot and resolve software defects. Contribute to software design reviews and code reviews. Learn and have fun with some of the smartest people you’ll ever meet!
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Full Time, Contract – 6 months+
- Pay Range: 55-57/hr.
- San Diego, CA 92101
- Job# bh11319
3-6 years' experience in an object oriented programming language; C# preferred. Experience with .NET Framework using managed technologies like ASP.NET and ServiceStack. Working knowledge of RESTful web services, MVC architecture. Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and maintain object-oriented multi-threaded C# applications. Proven experience architecting and developing customer facing applications. Experience in control software / hardware integration. Able to write robust code that meets product requirements while being lean, maintainable, unit tested, and easy to understand. Self-starter mentality with excellent communication skills. Must thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment. Basic knowledge of agile scrum methodologies is a plus. Experience in biotech is a plus
Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!