Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Mortgage Loan Processors - Residential
Our client is seeking: Mortgage Processors administer loan applications for the purchasing of real estate. Their primary responsibilities include interviewing loan applicants, assisting applicants in choosing the right mortgage option and approving or rejecting loans. Performs a variety of functions to ensure that new mortgage loan packages are processed and completed according to established policies and procedures. Serves as contact liaison with applicants, mortgage specialists or branch personnel through the process. Obtains all necessary information and documentation to process and complete loan files. Verifies all documentation for accuracy and completeness and follows up on files to ensure quality and service.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Full Time, Contract – 3-4 months+
- Pay Range: 23-24/hr.
- Somerville, MA
- Job# bh11314
Work closely with our Originators and Underwriters to ensure a timely and accurate experience for our Members throughout the entire mortgage process. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scheduling and tracking of closing dates, contingency dates and loan lock expirations
- Review loan approvals and address all conditions required for underwriting and closing.
- Represents the credit union in a professional manner; provides quality service to members and internal customers.
- Processes according to underwriting standards and order, employment verifications, deposit and loan verifications, and other pertinent documentation as directed by the underwriter.
- Throughout the process, keeps members informed of the loan status
- Tracks the timely return of all required documentation (i.e., appraisals, title, verifications, approval conditions, etc.).
- Analyzes all documents as received to ensure loan files are completed and forwards conditions to underwriting for review.
- Responds to applicants and third party agents (i.e., closing agents, appraisers, realtors, etc.) inquiries during the mortgage process.
- Maintains the quality and completeness of the loan file throughout the loan process.
- Coordinate loan closing with all parties.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School Degree or equivalent required.
- A minimum of one year's lending experience; mortgage processing experience using Encompass is a MUST
- Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) license is preferred
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of Portuguese or Spanish is a PLUS
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
- Ability to work well with others and under time constraints.
- Working knowledge of the computer and the internet; Office products and Lending Software experience preferred.
- Knowledge of mortgage systems preferred.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!