Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Mechanical (MEP) Engineer
Our client is seeking: Mechanical (MEP) Engineer
Our client is seeking individuals with experience as a Mechanical (MEP) Engineer. The major responsibilities include preforming MEP engineering calculations and performance simulations including sizing, selecting, specifying components and systems, and ensure designs are compliant with the company’s principles of design for manufacturing, assembly, and systems integration; preparing drawings; developing and monitoring proposals; scopes and budgets
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Contract to Perm
- Pay rate: $35/hr. – 45/hr.
- Salary range: $73,000 – 90,000
- Full benefits, perks, etc.
- Job# bh11311
Industry Type: Commercial Steel Modular Construction
The successful candidate will be required to have a PE accreditation and will sign/seal project documents as have required.
• Position requires proficiency in the use of Revit, as well as MEP design software.
• Develop drawings by modifying or replicating a prior project, applying changes and corrections from redlined drawings, and/or creating drawings from sketches of others or from own design
• Perform QA/QC by verifying design methodology, calculations, outcomes, etc.
• Interpret and understand drawings from multiple disciplines for specific projects and respond to requests for information regarding same
• Research and apply code provisions to design
• Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques and procedures, using own judgement to make adaptations and modifications to existing designs
• Submit concept designs and work through approval processes such as permits from municipalities
• Maintain equipment schedules and work with equipment vendors
• Assist with coordination of information flow to and from clients
• Participate in group and multidisciplinary project meetings
• Submit designs to agencies and work through approval processes
• May coordinate and/or attend client meetings (pre-construction, coordination, etc.) and participate in public meetings
• May provide direction to designers and drafters such as redlining plans
• May assist in preparation of materials for proposals such as budgeting hours or expectations for deliverables and/or budget analysis and billing of projects
• May provide training to other staff members
• Establish & maintain positive relationships with co-workers, support and build others on the team and across disciplines/offices
• Be responsive to others and share information to improve efficiency and help others achieve goals; listen and engage in productive and critical debate
• Suggest new ideas and processes; stay informed of developments in practice areas; view obstacles as opportunities
• Experience with Steel Volumetric Modular Construction
• Experience with automation of Engineering Tasks
Education and Licensure
• B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University; MS a plus. with an emphasis in construction
• E.I.T. Registration
• P.E. (Preferred)
• MEP Engineering: 3+ years (Preferred)
• English (Required)
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!