Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Construction Contract Administrator
Our client is seeking: Construction Contract Administrator
Our client is seeking individuals with experience as Construction Contract Administrator. The major responsibilities would include learning and implementing various project management tools including but not limited to the following: working with project teams on preconstruction surveys and gathering documents, creating milestone schedules, creating preliminary and detailed budgets, coordinating and administering contracts, coordinating design and construction documents, learning project specific details and best practices, becoming familiar with quality control, coordinating and distributing project shop drawings to team members, attending team meetings, and participating in project closeout.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Contract to Perm
- Pay rate: $32/hr. – 40/hr.
- Salary range: $60,000 – 80,000
- Full benefits, perks, etc.
Industry Type: Commercial Construction
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Candidates with an education and experience in architecture, construction management, architectural technology, or construction are encouraged to apply.
As one of the country's largest and fastest growing privately Design-Build Steel Modular construction and development companies at the forefront of AEC innovation, incorporating technology and BIM into everything we do. We act as a General Contractor on Turn-Key Design -Build projects for our customers, as well as for our own account.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Oversee the construction contract administration process and serve as a resource for project managers, report to the Vice President of Construction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage the construction administration process, including: contract administration, application for payment control, and report generation.
* Oversee the generation, execution and documentation of construction agreements.
* Manage the application for payment process; documenting and maintaining record of projects(s) committed costs.
* Formulate contract and cost data for the generation of reports providing financial and schedule analysis of company’s construction activities.
* Manage the receipt, verification, and recording of required construction documentation, including: insurance requirements, waivers of lien, permits, certificate of occupancy, warranties and related construction documentation.
* Monitor vendor adherence to the company’s risk requirements.
* Coordinate information and documentation for lender draw applications.
* Prep monthly construction management fees and analyses.
* Establish and maintain a professional relationship with company’s contractors and vendors.
* Provide support, as necessary, to project managers, procurement, production, Design and operations teams.
* Comply with company policies and procedures, including standards of performance.
* Participate, as necessary, in due diligence assessments and analysis.
* Maintain and expand cost data of company’s construction activities.
* Train and monitor project managers in construction administration processes.
* Perform all reasonable duties as assigned by the Vice President, Construction.
* Compose, type, and edit correspondence, meeting notes, memoranda, reports, and expense reports.
* Assist program staff with scheduling, preparing for, and documenting meetings and conference calls, including coordinating room and travel arrangements, preparing meeting materials, tracking action items, and facilitate resolution and follow up actions as needed within the program team.
* Assemble and prepare presentations and reports, including internal team communications. Manage production of deliverables, printing and binding documents, and preparing presentations and reports, including internal team communications.
* Administer internal project forms and processes in support of Construction Management and Project Management teams.
* Organize and track project components, including but not limited to submitting, RFI's, bid packages, project schedule and change orders.
* Process required paperwork and documentation from contractors, sub-contractors and vendors, including contracts, certificates of insurance proposals, lien releases, etc.
* Apply construction divisions and category codes to budgets and bid packages as applicable.
* Prepare bid comparisons; accurately summarizing project scope and comparative costs to past projects.
* Process invoices and payment applications accurately for review and approval; ensure proper billing, reconciliation with contracts and lien waivers are in place.
* Set up Project files. Manage project folders and distribution of information.
* Assist in creating project schedules and budgets that include key milestone dates for various phases of construction.
* Assist in documenting project phases and creating summary reports.
* Creating meeting minutes and presentations that document project status.
* Communicate with clients, consultants, and vendors on various elements concerning design, construction, and construction administration.
* Work within a team structure to realize complicated projects in a fast-paced environment.
* Process Contract, Purchase Order and Change Order requests received from the Project Managers
* Collect required pre-qualification, financials, and other form
* Prepare scopes of work
* Prepare and Monitor Schedules of Values
* Convert contract to Procore:
* Log change order requests
* Generate Procore Change Order from Change Event
* Work on agreement language and get it approved
* Manage the signing and docketing of mall contracts
* Be proficient in Procore and DocuSign.
* Monthly draw requisitions;
* A/P invoice, code invoices, have them approved, and then send to accounting
* Manage Company Procore
* Update Contract and Purchase Order Logs
* Post documents to Procore
* Scan and Upload documents to SharePoint and Procore
* File Contracts, Purchase Orders and Change Orders to respective folders
* Post electronic documents to respective folders in Procore
* Maintain Contract and Purchase Order logs weekly to ensure timely receipt of signed documents.
* Maintain Logs for Subcontractor’s Licenses
* Retrieve and sort daily Contract Administration Mail
* Receive and Ship packages as needed
* Prepare and Compile documents for Construction Project Close-outs upon Construction completion. Includes Audit of Contract Logs and Purchase Order Logs.
* Ensure that the requirements of the Contract Documents are implemented throughout the Contract period.
* Assist in the review of contractual notices of claims and providing contractual advice to the Project delivery teams where appropriate.
* Interaction with contractors in respect of all contractual matters.
* Review all contract documents to ensure congruity and to minimize patent and latent ambiguities
* Assist with administration of ongoing Contracts.
* Prepare correspondence and maintains records necessary to ensure the effective administration of all Contractual matters.
* Assist in the preparation of Contract change/amendments and Task Orders.
* Facilitate the contract close-out procedures to ensure that all terms and conditions of contracts have been complied with prior to final payment to Contractor.
* Ensures that all contractual procedures are implemented and maintained.
* Assist on all contractual matters.
* Ensures all warranties, bonds, insurances, guarantees, etc. are in place and maintained and updated in accordance with the Contract and are in compliance with requirements.
* Assist in the preparation of Monthly Progress Reports.
* Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of Contractor Instructions, Variation Orders and Claim Logs.
* Receiving and distributing all mail addressed to Development/Construction departments
* Immediately relay directives given by other departments, including Owners, to Project Managers for official task management
* Proficient in SAP, Microsoft Office Suite of software, Adobe Acrobat Professional and large-scale construction management type software such as Primavera, Prolog, Procore etc.
Professional Experience Level/Other Qualifications
* Seven to ten years of experience in the administration of commercial/government contracts is required
* Experience in alternative project delivery methods including Design Build preferred
* Comfortable operating in a team-oriented, collaborative work environment
* Produce accurate and timely results while maintaining a customer service attitude
* Experience in a construction office is necessary
* Must be a self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities
* Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous positions
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Must be detail oriented and highly organized
* Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Construction Project Management and Administration;
* Ability to be mentored and be part of a team.
* Ability to Problem Solve and Deal with Ambiguous Situations
* Demonstrated understanding of project management concepts
* Strong knowledge of written and digital project management tools including the use of Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Procore, SAP
* Ability to read drawings and navigate architectural sets
* Knowledge of contracting and acquisition processes.
* Ability to interpret and apply acquisition regulations.
* Knowledge of pre-award and post-award procedures.
* Knowledge of supervisory techniques to lead employees to complete performance objectives in a timely manner; analyze organizational and operational problems and develop solutions.
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
* Knowledge of contracting laws, regulations, principles, and procedures to develop solicitations Review and negotiate contracts, task orders, and modifications.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!