Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Our client is seeking: Staff Accountant. The major point of emphasis for this job is going to be Cost Accounting experience
- Need folks who have experience working in manufacturing - preferably Med Device or Semi-conductor
- Our client will hire for this job remotely
- First round will be a phone screen and then if the candidate progresses to the next stage, they will do a Zoom or WebEx.
- Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Full Time, Permanent
- Pay Range: 70-75K
- Sturbridge, MA
- Job# bh11300
This is a key member of our corporate accounting group that will successfully partner with manufacturing leadership to drive all aspects of operating performance and act as the financial champion for cost measurement and analysis while providing valuable depth of expertise to our general accounting function.
- Prepares monthly sales and gross margin reports
- Credit and collections experience a plus
- Prepares weekly, bi-weekly and monthly payrolls through ADP
- Participate in daily banking requirements and cash postings, as well as, monthly banking reconciliation
- Month-close functions, including reviewing, approving and processing journal entries, reconciliations and ensuring the financial records are maintained in accordance with GAAP
- Contribute to the timely and efficient completion of all annual financial audit activities
- Development of financial reports for financial analysis, forecasting, trending, and results analysis
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Develops more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining accuracy, meeting deadlines and remaining compliant with regulatory requirements
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Responds to inquiries from the Controller regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like
- Occasional short-term travel to other company facilities in the US to provide corporate level accounting review
- Documenting written procedures for all processes within scope of responsibilities
- Back-up for various other cross trained responsibilities within the accounting department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar required
- A minimum of 4+ years’ financial accounting experience in a growing manufacturing accounting environment or Big 4 audit experience with public or manufacturing clients
- Experience with ERP systems required, with SAGE X3 experience a plus
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Effective spoken and written communication skills to partner with all levels of the company
- Proficiency with ADP Payroll processing and reconciliation particularly ADP Workforce Now
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!