Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Our client is seeking: Commodity Manager
Degree – Bachelors in Finance, Accounting or Engineering
- Certification that would be a plus – APIC (aka CPM)
- Experience: 7-10+ years
The Commodity Manager is responsible for developing, establishing, and executing optimal commodity & sourcing strategies. Establish & enhance Supplier relationships through skillful negotiating and relationship development to drive sourcing & supplier initiatives to meet or exceed product quality, service & deliver sustainable cost reductions, and reduce risk in the Supply Chain. Responsible for collaborating with internal stakeholders and aligning on optimal sourcing strategies to develop and implement a Commodity Strategy for the assigned category.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Full Time, Permanent
- Pay Range: 125-150K
- Walpole, MA
- Job# 11257
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify raw material sourcing strategies, negotiate pricing and delivery to ensure uninterrupted flow of raw material to our facilities through effective supply base management.
- Identify alternate suppliers, coordinate qualification trails and supplier workshops with key suppliers.
- Utilize strategic sourcing and total cost analysis strategies to drive suppliers and spend including online auctions to effectively manage the commodities.
- Strategically manage raw materials spend; ensure quality, sourcing and commodity strategies are in place, competitively priced and compliant with any laws/regulations and working capital levels meet or exceed corporate objectives.
- Identify cost savings opportunities and manage cost reduction activities to achieve 5% annual cost reduction goal with supply chain leadership, utilizing a formal strategic sourcing process.
- Collect and analyze market and supplier data, develop sourcing options for review and concurrence by the applicable business unit, and implement approved strategies timely to capture savings and value to the business.
- Gain supplier involvement in supplier management to drive continuous improvement and productivity.
- Lead cross-functional team(s) in the identification of alternative products and suppliers, facilitate qualification trials, and conduct supplier management to drive continuous improvement.
- And other related duties as assigned or required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA degree required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in raw material sourcing and procurement, preferably in engineered papers and nonwovens related industry.
- Excellent background in supplier management, commodity strategy development/execution, contract negotiations and manufacturing operations.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- Thorough knowledge of suppliers globally and global sourcing strategies; including low cost country sourcing experience, good knowledge of energy and logistic markets.
- Excellent financial acumen, ability to analyze budgets, international exchange rates, and financial ramifications of contracts and the ability to measure success and show results in bottom line.
- Excellent organization capabilities and project management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a matrix environment.
- Ability to have continuous improvement mindset
CORE COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
The person that assumes this role must possess the following personal attributes necessary for success within in order to meet our business objectives:
- Safety Focus – The ability and propensity to take the practical actions necessary to ensure that workplace accidents, injuries, and illnesses are minimized.
- Creativity and Innovation – The capacity to originate new or radical alternatives to traditional methods, approaches, and products.
- Customer Service Orientation – The ability to identify, understand, and give priority to satisfying the needs of internal and external customers.
- Quality Orientation – The ability and propensity to take action necessary to ensure that all work is completed with accuracy and integrity.
- Relationship Building – The ability and propensity to build and maintain friendly, reciprocal, and warm relationships or networks of contacts with people who are, or might someday be, useful in achieving sales and service-related goals.
- Change Orientation – The ability and propensity to respond positively and appropriately when confronted with the need to change.
- Achievement Motivation – The drive and determination to reject average performance and set challenging goals for self and others to achieve significant improvements.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!