Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Medical Coding Specialists
Our client is seeking: Medical Coding Specialists to ensure accurate coding for diagnosis documentation and services provided and evaluate medical records determined as unable-to-code by production coders.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Full Time, Contract 3 months +
- Pay Range: $22-23/hr.
- Bedford, MA 01730
- Job# bh11232
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assign ICD-10 diagnosis and CPT procedure codes with accuracy
2. Uphold accuracy standards/rationales regarding E/M leveling, diagnosis sequencing and procedure selection
3. Identify error trends in coding and elevate to applicable production management teams
4. Perform accuracy checks on UAC (Unable to Code) charts to identify non-deficient accounts being held erroneously
5. Execute follow-up checks in identified problem areas to ensure coder improvement
6. Manage client scrubbers to address CCI and medical necessity edits 7. Perform retrospective audits of production team-owned scrubber edit resolutions
8. Track functionality of coding software as meeting the needs of general coding principles and client specifications
9. Design client-specific reference materials for procedure notes, tracking codes, and provider assignments
10. Monitor denials and client inquiries to identify coding issues and address/elevate where applicable
11. Establish familiarity with components of all chart constructs and identify deficiencies affecting coding
12. Assemble diagnosis category grouping lists to assist in interdepartmental data analysis
13. Make ongoing contributions to department-wide FAQ to consolidate ongoing information base
14. Maintain familiarity with annual industry changes in coding protocol 15. Complete special projects as assigned
16. Adhere to the Code of Conduct and be familiar with all compliance policies and procedures relevant to this position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the duties.
Education (Degrees, Certificates, Licenses, Etc.)
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
2. Coding certification (CPC, CCS, CEDC or other coding specialized credential) required
Prior word processing, spreadsheet and internet software experience including proficiency with MS Excel and MS Word required.
Three or more years of related experience preferred including working knowledge of ED billing and prior experience with ICD10 and CPT coding.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776