Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
Computer Graphics Programmer
Must have strong experience in 3D Modeling.
- MUST have Python3 Programming experience.
- Must be comfortable (preferably experienced) in Blender Resumes should have the URL to online portfolios at the top if candidates have portfolios.
- During onsite interview (2nd round) will need to demonstrate Blender & Python programming skills
Help create realistic 3D indoor environments using Python and Blender!
As part of this role you will:
- Curate and improve pre-existing 3D object models from various data sources for our use cases. This will involve ensuring each object’s format/scale/origin/meta-data/material and overall rendering quality all conform to the same high standards.
- Help build procedural methods in Blender (e.g. via python scripting in Blender) to automatically create a wider variety of objects. Work with the team to integrate those methods into a larger pre-existing framework.
- Model new 3D objects and create new, physically realistic materials.
- Improve overall scene quality by adjusting lighting / materials / object placement / post-rendering effects.
Must have Qualifications:
- Be able to work as part of a larger cross-functional team.
- Be a self-motivated person.
- Have experience in 3D modeling. Be able to show original example work.
- Be comfortable with 3D modeling using recent versions of Blender (2.8x)
- Python programming skills. Be able to procedurally generate objects in Blender via python API.
- Have a feel for lighting / materials and their interactions.
- Know a variety of approaches to help make 3D scenes look more realistic.
- Be well-versed in the concepts of:
- Shaders in Blender and how-to build-up + tune physically realistic materials via shader networks
- Dynamic Range
- Rendering via ray tracing/path tracing (mainly using cycles)
- Be comfortable in (or be able to learn adapt very quickly) Linux command line and tools such as git.
What to expect during the onsite interview?
- Be able to show modeling skills in Blender
- Be able to show programming skills in Python3
Date Posted: 3/12/2020
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Computer Graphics Programmer
Location: Bedford, MA 01730
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract
Pay Range: 45/hr.
Duration: 6 months
Job #: bh11194
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776