Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
- Need is for an Engineer to come on and assist with latter stages of pilot program for new prototype (desktop sequencer). They need extra hands for this work.
- Will be in prototype build lab primarily
- 9-5 type role mostly - OT every once in a while, not the norm
- Primary duties - need for someone to work on SOPs, documentation, will also be heavy in mechanical work and optical alignment
- Need solid understanding of optics, mechanics, fluidics, basic tooling. Microscopy would be a nice to have. Definitely want mechanical background.
- Would like 2 years of experience ideally though we’ve had recent grads who have made contributions. Couple years at a past startup would be great.
- Someone who has done some electromechanical troubleshooting, has experience with optical/laser systems, data/statistical analysis, reporting/documenting or authoring SOPs would be of primary interest. Field service, diagnostics work, troubleshooting would really stand out.
- Need sense of urgency, be a self-starter. Need someone independent and motivated. Must have wherewithal to speak up and ask for more work. Must be adaptable and welcome change, not be afraid to ask for help. Things move very fast. Communication is key in this program.
Use mechanical, optical, fluidics, electronics, and organic chemistry knowledge to troubleshoot electro-mechanical equipment issues Assist project teams with system level instrument testing and ancillary equipment support Track instrument performance at system and sub-system level and analyze data trends Provide feedback of information to sub-system owners and assist teams with system improvements Participate in root-cause analysis experiments and present findings to project teams Conduct or assist with experimentation related to risk and hazard analysis in order to refine requirements and improve system design Learn and understand new instruments and create maintenance/service programs to provide continually improving equipment availability Work with engineers to develop and implement procedures to reduce or eliminate sources of systematic equipment failures.
0-2+ years relevant experience
Experience with diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing complex systems/devices
- Root cause analysis
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repair
- Customer service (nice to have)
Work experience in biotech or medical device field desired
Hands-on experience with commercial electro-mechanical equipment
Solid understanding of complex optical and laser systems
Good data analysis skills and a logical approach to problem solving skills required
Experience with statistical analysis and data analysis programs (JMP, MATLAB, Microsoft Excel) is a plus
Ability to communicate and document equipment issues
Ability to learn new tasks quickly Occasional travel required, no more than 5%.
BS/MS in Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, or System Engineering. (Bioengineering or Biomedical Engineering preferred).
Date Posted: 3/11/2020
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Electro-Mechanical Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA 92101
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract
Pay Range: 37/hr.
Duration: 9 months
Job #: bh11180
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776