Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
User Experience Researcher
As a User Experience Researcher, you will be a part of a team whose vision is to transform human health. .
As part of the Digital Center of Excellence within Global Marketing, your work will help optimize our conversations and interactions with our customers by surfacing their needs through empathetic heuristic analysis. You will author and conduct testing protocols for strategic user interactions across our digital ecosystem. Your work will enable the delivery of delightful digital user experiences that help customers find content, tools, and products that they need to be successful in their professional lives.
We are a highly collaborative culture. You will work with internal partners to deliver user insights for project discovery, prototyping, and deliver insights to UX designers, content writers, visual designers, frontend developers and backend developers for implementation. You will own the success of delivering against project goals. To be successful, you are collaborative, detail-oriented, process-friendly, and have the ability to work within timelines on multiple projects simultaneously.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate across UX, Content Strategy, Visual Design and Development teams to understand corporate and user goals for specific projects
- Develop personas and roles aligned to specific project needs
- Author and execute user testing protocols aligned to project goals
- Schedule, conduct and moderate testing protocols
- Synthesize and analyze research results
- Report findings to core team via verbal and written presentations
- Archive and apply taxonomy to user completed research studies
- Manage testing calendar, cadence and role/persona matching
- Create and manage participant testing lists
- Liaison with peer user researchers on other teams for alignment of process and socialization of user learnings.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Commitment to customer empathy and user centered design.
- Thorough knowledge web design best practices.
- Video editing capability
- Demonstrated proficiency conducting end-user research, including ethnographic research, usability testing, concept testing, and task analysis.
- Successful candidates can translate what they know about people into actionable design insights.
- 3+ years of experience designing and conducting a wide range of UX research activities.
- B2B experience with background in life sciences (nice to have)
- Formal education in a relevant field such as usability engineering, human centered design, cognitive psychology or equivalent hands-on experience to demonstrate an understanding of usability theory, methods, and practices.
- Bachelor’s in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, User Experience or related degree.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
Duration: 9 months
Locations: San Diego, CA
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776