Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
OT Network Engineer
The OT Network Engineering role is based locally with global responsibility for implementing solutions to improve operational performance & efficiency while driving the standardization of best practices and solutions related to industrial controls system, architecture, automation and data management.
Excellent communication skills and a proven track record of collaboration across functional groups, specifically IT and Operations are required to effectively modernize our factories in an increasingly digital world. In this newly formed position reporting through Global Operations, the OT Network Engineer must have a solid understanding of traditional network infrastructure and hardware, OT systems, databases, and data flows, as well as the ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices within a segregated OT environment supporting our core manufacturing infrastructure. A strong understanding of the overall architecture of OT environments and an ability to communicate this vision is critical to the success of this position.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- OT Network engineers are responsible for the control, efficiency and maintenance of industrial equipment & systems.
- Technical resource for the plants and engineering groups, supporting and delivering technical services and automation/controls solutions to resolve manufacturing issues and improve operational performance.
- Acts as a leader to support and drive IT/OT standards adoption and implementation across the organization
- Designs, develops and sustains all aspects of controls systems for the production environment and equipment.
- Provide leadership and assists with implementation of approved standards and practices for IT/OT systems, including network implementation, PLC’s, field devices, and IT systems.
- Provide design and support for operations systems including: BMS, OEE, SPC and other analytics systems
- Evaluates and structures data transmission plan and data flow diagrams between various physical assets and software types – ensuring successful interfacing between production equipment and corporate network architecture.
- Maintains and administers OT-specific computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations supporting manufacturing.
- Performs (or coordinates) disaster recovery operations & data backups when required.
- Coordinates with IT partners to protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining OT-specific network hardware, and for collaborating with IT for support of integrated components
- Coordinates with IT partners to ensure the effective maintenance, configuration, and health monitoring of OT networks, systems and databases.
- Coordinates with IT partners to monitor network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Coordinates computer network and server access and use with IT
- Design configure and test networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
- Develop and lead strategies across the manufacturing plants to stigmatically: remove paper systems of control & implement central recipe and asset management
- Consult in equipment design and development as related to controls and instrumentation specifications, layout, cost, and lead-time.
- Basic knowledge automation platforms, drives and controls, interfaces and data collection requirements according to our Automation Standards and Industry best practices.
- Review new industrial electrical control panels which are compliant to relevant standards.
- Review and approve controls testing at Factory Acceptance milestones as part of capital projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic, Computer or Mechanical Engineering with a strong knowledge of machine controls integration.
- First and foremost, a "Digital Native" or Champion with proven track record implementing digital transformation in a manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of how IT works: network environments as well as Microsoft Server and SQL environments
- Proven track record of collaborating with other professionals such as IT Network & Infrastructure engineers to come up with best practices for supporting digital operations.
- Working understanding of server virtualization, routing and switching, firewalls, storage area networks, relational databases and VPN tunnels along with the traditional elements of instrumentation, control and HMI platforms.
- Expert knowledge and experience with implementing elements of ISA95 standards and CPwE architecture.
- Ability to learn and harmoniously integrate a disparate collection systems, hardware and software, including various SCADA, SPC & IIoT platforms
- Experience with implementing elements of IIoT, including related sensors, integration, data management and interoperability
- Experience with 3rd party data transactions, interoperability; OPC, OPC-UA, etc.
- Experience with MS-SQL, process historical data storage and data mining.
- Working knowledge with the Allen-Bradley platform; Logix-based systems with distributed I/O, machine-level HMI, VFDs, and servos.
- Ability to read electrical schematics, panel layouts, safety systems, P&ID’s in AutoCAD
- Familiarity with Industry Standards such as NFPA 79, NFPA 70E, ISO 13849-1/IEC 62061, SEMI S22
- Experience implementing MES strongly desirable
Date Posted: 3/4/2020
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: OT Network Engineer
Location: Billerica, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract
Pay Range: 80/hr.
Duration: 4 months
Job #: bh11151
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776