Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Factory Automation & Robotics Engineer
Our client is seeking: Factory Automation and Robotics Engineer
The ideal candidate should be able to efficiently work with manufacturing leadership to determine high value applications for implementing collaborative robots, general robotics, packaging & vision inspection systems designed to guarantee safety, efficiency and productivity. Factory Automation Engineers are also expected to design or specify all peripheral fixturing or supporting data systems required for successful application deployment
This position will require technical knowledge related to design, construction, and testing of machine controls and integrated systems. Individuals will manage complex projects, prepare equipment protocols, reports, and test plans. He/she will create control system specifications and designs. Also, critical to the role is the willingness to offer recommendations and subsequent implementation of improvements to equipment and processes to maximize productivity in support of operational goals. The ideal candidate will provide leadership, direction and training to engineers and technicians of all levels within the organization.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Programming of Cobots & Robots
- Integration between PLC’s, robot and process/environment control systems
- Ability to identify applications for successful cobot/robot implementation
- Establish the strategy for and lead the execution of factory automation and data management (examples SCADA, OPC servers, CMS and factory communications systems)
- Optimize production processes by identifying and implementing improvements to enhance the performance of existing equipment and processes. (Examples batch process automation and control and inline analytical instrumentation)
- Responsible for design, development, and installation of PLC based control systems for Manufacturing equipment
- Capability to define and manage factory wide communications systems, for control and monitoring of facilities equipment and processes
- Programming and integration of computer-based systems, MMI, and PLC data acquisition and factory supervisory networks
- Develop AC/DC power distribution, control/pneumatic cabinet designs and layouts, to include electrical schematics.
- Capability to read Interpret and draw, piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Design and release electrical designs that are OSHA Class 1 Division I, II compliant
- Provide technical assistance to the manufacturing floor in support of existing and new equipment.
- Conduct design reviews for new equipment and modification to existing systems
- Ensure compliance with company policies and business practices including Semi, cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) and ISO (International Organization for Standardization) requirements
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Full Time, Contract – Contract to Permanent
- Pay Range: 80/hr.
- Billerica, MA
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 5 + years related engineering experience
- Experience with A-B PLC-5’s, SLC-500’s, Micrologix, Panelviews, Omron CJ/C200 series PLC’s and NT/NS series HMI programming
- Knowledge of proper design of grippers and parts presentation/feeding in automated assembly processes
- Ability to perform Safety Risk assessment and PFMEA to understand safety of people, system & product
- Experience using CX-Programmer, CX-Designer, RSLogix, RSView and PanelView software
- Experience with networking such as DeviceNet and Ethernet
- Experience with RS-232 and RS-485 communications
- Ability to analyze interactions between equipment/process/product and provide control system solution where possible
- Excellent equipment troubleshooting and production system analytical skills
- Strong project management competence (methods and software). Experienced in project plan development, execution and follow through, with a successful history of meeting project deadlines
- Ability to manage complex and multiple projects with minimum supervision and manage changing priorities and short time constraints
- Knowledge of OSHA safety guarding and Interlocks
- Proficient computer skills (MS Windows, MS Office applications, MS Project)
- Working knowledge of Programming Language Visual Basic minimum
- Working knowledge of statistical software a plus (e.g., Minitab)
- Proficient with Autocad, Solidworks or similar 3D-Modeling software
- Ability to manage a wide variety of engineering projects in a dynamic global environment
- Ability to weigh technical options and establish a business rationale for following a certain approach
- Ability to prioritize work based on the criticality of the business and resource availability
- Ability to influence for impact
Ability to produce results when facing deadlines or commitments.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!