Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
- Prior SAP experience is required
- Ability to plan top level instruments
- Familiar with MS Office Suite (Advanced Excel)
- Ability to work with other departments
Production Planner Job Purpose:
As a member of the Production Planning Dept., you will determine which items are manufactured and in what quantities based upon consumer demand forecasts. The primary mission is to minimize inventory, maximize product availability and optimize shop floor efficiency.
Production Planner Job Duties:
- Participate in forecast meetings with Business Units and related cross functional participants to help establish master Sales Inventory and Operations Plans for specific finished good products.
- Input planning data into the MRP planning module to support dependent SIOP build plans.
- Analyze and manage independent demand materials to maintain sufficient supply according to provided company guidelines.
- Coordinate and release production build orders to support SIOP build plans.
- Revise schedules as needed to accomplish certain benchmarks in the manufacturing process.
- Interface with Purchasing team to insure required materials will be available when needed to release production build orders to manufacturing on schedule.
- Create, analyze and distribute various reports regarding requirements, progress, fulfillment and backlog issues.
- Work with Engineering, Purchasing, Production and Quality teams on New Product Introductions.
- Troubleshoot internal material issues such as quality, sub-contract operations, and transfer issues.
- Interface with and manage considerable data resources to support all facets of Production Planning operations.
- 5-10 years minimum in industrial supply chain environment
- Understands the manufacturing process thoroughly, and has reasonable expectations as to what can be accomplished in a certain timeframe
- Self-starter with strong work ethic who can work independently as well as within a team.
- SAP knowledge and experience required
- Has good problem solving skills, and can easily revise a plan when needed.
- Proficiency in Excel and other standard MS business applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - able to interface at all levels in the organization.
- Project management and organizational skills.
- Training: Requirements listed in LMS for role.
Date Posted: 2/28/2020
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Senior Planner
Location: Shelton, CT
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract
Pay Range: 40-43/hr.
Duration: Contract to Permanent
Job #: bh11140
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776