Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
Sourcing Specialist (Procurement)
- Manages multiple distribution functions including supply chain, logistics planning, distribution center operations, and traffic.
- Ensures sourcing efforts meet business goals and objectives.
- Works with functional leaders to perform analysis and identify areas for performance improvement.
- Manages and supports implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Manages activities related to global sourcing, supplier selection, product delivery specifications, and quality.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with global supply chain partners.
- Designs and implements business metrics to monitor, track, and report sourcing project progress.
The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for the procurement of raw materials, goods and services for the manufacturing facility.
- Approves and qualifies vendors, obtains quotations, examines bids and makes awards.
- Develops sources and evaluates vendor reliability.
- Creates and manages manufacturing schedules to ensure that raw materials arrive in a timely manner to fulfill manufacturing requirements.
- Executing all sourcing strategies required to achieve procurement objectives of the business.
- Work in a cross functional team and on multiple complex sourcing Projects at the Hopkinton manufacturing site.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration with Procurement, Production Planning, Engineering, Manufacturing, Global Commodity Management, and Corporate initiatives and leadership.
- Reports directly to the Head of Procurement.
To this end, the Sourcing Specialist negotiates contracts that secure favorable terms in relation to the procurement of goods and materials. Identifies, evaluates and develops supplier options and suitability to perform outsourced activities, projects and programs.
- Responsible for the face of procurement on sourcing projects and promoting key initiatives such as Risk Mitigation and implementing Global Commodity Strategies
- Liaises with Site Procurement team, Commodity Management and Operations as needed to develop Suppliers competency levels to ensure performance to manufacturing requirements
- Works with Global Commodities on sourcing strategies and/or supplier development in support of risk mitigation
- Conducts and leads supplier selection process, supplier evaluations and quality ratings as needed as inputs to the supplier selection matrix
- Manages sourcing timelines and components cost requirements to ensure projects are delivered on time and within cost expectations
- Ensures full supply chain continuity via supplier capacity management and risk mitigation strategies
- Outlines key/critical path components, process technologies and associated component material constraints
- Builds effective relationships both internal and external, and interfaces with management as required
- Prepares and provides monthly project management updates on key project milestones and critical path issues
- Manages inventory scale up requirements for transition process
- Manages required purchasing tasks to procure parts, materials, supplies, equipment and services required to support the project deliverables
- BS/BA Degree in Business Management, Engineering or other related field.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of Procurement, Sourcing, Supply Chain Management or Engineering
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Project Management skill set
- Experience with sourcing
- Proficient knowledge of Metals, Plastics, and Electronic commodities
- Certification from the Institute of Supply Management (C.P.S.M.), (CPIM) is a plus
- E-Sourcing software
- Excellent leadership, organization, project management, communication and negotiation skills
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint & SAP
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables
Date Posted: 2/26/2020
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Sourcing Specialist
Location: Hopkinton, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract
Pay Range: 30-33/hr.
Duration: 6 months+
Job #: bh11131
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776