Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
Associate Process Engineer
The Associate Process Engineer will be a key member of the high performing team focused on developing the next generation high volume manufacturing processes that will connect our revolutionary product to the high growth energy storage market. Primary responsibilities of this position include (1) Daily support for R&D Operations – Powder/Slurry Processing, Material Prep, Electrode Casting, Unit Cell Assembly and Pouch Cell Assembly (2) Troubleshooting and resolving issues on the R&D equipment, as the first line of defense for the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) team. Strong interpersonal skills are required, as are a strong work ethic and an ability to flourish in a dynamic startup environment. The Associate Process Engineer reports to the Director of Advanced Manufacturing.
- Provide daily support for R&D Operations – Powder/Slurry Processing, Material Prep, Electrode Casting, Unit Cell Assembly and Pouch Cell Assembly
- Execute assigned design and equipment projects to support R&D needs; includes mechanical component design, equipment design/qualification, tooling and fixtures to support existing and new build processes
- Serve as conduit between Advanced Manufacturing Team and R&D Operations for equipment repairs, optimization and cross functional projects
- Support Senior Engineers and Managers with critical path engineering projects
- Support the documentation and standardization of R&D production procedures
- Mentor technicians and provide training for new employees and cross training activities
- Cross train in other areas of R&D Operations to grow individual skills and to serve as a backup for other engineers
- Perform other functions as required to support the R&D operation
Required Skills and Experience:
- Able to grasp technical concepts and communicate in a data-driven manner
- Comfortable presenting data and reviewing results in team environment
- Demonstrated ability and passion for mechanical design – basic understanding of common engineering materials, coatings, fasteners, testing methods and the associated impact to product performance
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated hands on approach to troubleshooting
- Proficient with Engineering Design Software (parts, assemblies and drawings) – SolidWorks
- Proficient with MS Office programs – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment. Ability to commit to aggressive timelines and to deliver on those commitments.
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with team members, other groups and outside suppliers.
- Works well in a team environment with willingness to share skills and information and mentor others.
- Highly motivated and action-oriented as demonstrated by accomplishments.
- Coachable; able to act on management inputs and constructive criticism.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Lithium ion battery industry experience with focus on cell assembly processes.
- Broad experience which also includes other processes such as mixing, extrusion, formation, etc.
- Experience in taking a process from lab scale, to pilot scale, and to high volume manufacturing.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Demonstrated success and experience in relevant technical industry (1-3 years)
- Entry level candidates accepted with relevant Co-op/internship experience
Date Posted: 2/17/2020
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Associate Process Engineer
Location: Cambridge, MA 02138
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 75K
Job #: bh11093
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776