Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Controls Systems Engineer II
Our client is seeking: Electrical Engineer
- Semiconductor experience is a plus.
- Must have a bachelor's degree
- We are looking for candidates who have experience working with schematic captures using AutoCAD
- They want a team player who is able to be flexible with projects - is DRIVEN, "can anticipate the next move"...Able to wear multiple hats.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Full Time, Permanent
- Pay Range: 82K
- Billerica, MA
- Job# 11088
- Performs complicated electrical engineering work of major complexity that requires a high degree of technical competence. Conducts independent technical investigations involving the application of a wide variety of electrical engineering principles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Duties include full technical responsibility for planning, organizing and conducting product development projects within the design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of industrial equipment.
- Plans projects involving new concepts and approaches to the design on new products.
- Responsible for the design, specification and documentation of complex thermal processing systems, subassemblies and components. Responsible for the layout and detailed electrical design and documentation of subsystems and subassemblies.
- Recommends electrical hardware, instrumentation, sensors and controls for inclusion in design specifications based on past experience and on catalogue reference data.
- Will interact with other Engineers, Designers, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, and Purchasing personnel to complete design projects quickly and cost effectively.
- Will travel globally to solve complex problems with equipment in the field, provide technical expertise to the Sales organization, work with and develop suppliers, interact and direct engineering activities.
- Create new or revise electrical schematics, layouts and bills of material to fully document the machine electrical control system.
- Design and implement necessary control system programming to accomplish required control system functionality.
- Study industry standards and ensure that designs are safe and meet applicable industry safety requirements.
- Actively participate in design reviews. Review designs with other Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, and Marketing personnel as well as equipment users to ensure that designs meet all requirements.
- Prepare and present written, oral visual material to support proposals, presentations, design reviews and written reports.
- Develop cost estimates for proposed projects which include labor and material costs.
- Maintain project folders and report project status to Manager, Engineers and others on a regular basis.
- Plan, perform or direct and document experiments to prove design performance
- Coordinate project tasks and schedules, delegate work to designers / drafters and support staff as required.
- Interact with customers and support groups, affected by design development, to obtain and communicate pertinent project information.
- Duties are performed under moderate supervision by more senior engineering staff.
- Strictly adhere to all safety policies.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Able to perform various electrical circuit calculations involving motors, transformers, heaters, and various instrumentation and controls.
- Proficient electrical design CAD skills
- Programming language such as VB, C#, C++, PLC
- Diversified knowledge of electrical engineering principles and practices.
- Knowledgeable in industry design and international safety standards involving electrical systems.
- Able to make decisions independently on engineering problems.
- Able to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Strong ability to work with others and be an active part of a cross functional team.
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and work to a schedule.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in an Engineering role
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!