Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Software Controls Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
· Our client is seeking: Performs complicated control systems engineering work of major complexity that requires a high degree of technical competence. Conducts independent technical investigations involving the application of a wide variety of electrical engineering and software design principles.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: $115-120K
- Job Location: Billerica, MA
- Job# bh11087
- Date Posted: 5/26/2020
Essential duties and responsibilities
· Uses a high level of expertise to specify and implement all details of a complex PLC control system for large industrial equipment.
· Duties include full technical responsibility for planning, organizing and conducting product development projects within the design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of industrial equipment.
· Designs and programs all details of a PLC control system including machine control logic and communications to supervisory systems.
· Plans projects involving new concepts and approaches to the design on new products.
· Responsible for the design, specification and documentation of complex thermal processing systems, subassemblies and components. Responsible for the layout and detailed electrical design and documentation of subsystems and subassemblies.
· Recommends electrical hardware, instrumentation, sensors and controls for inclusion in design specifications based on past experience and on catalogue reference data.
· Will interact with other Engineers, Designers, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, and Purchasing personnel to complete design projects quickly and cost effectively.
· Will travel globally to solve complex problems with equipment in the field, provide technical expertise to the Sales organization, work with and develop suppliers, interact and direct engineering activities.
· Create new or revise electrical schematics, layouts and bills of material to fully document the machine electrical control system.
· Study industry standards and ensure that designs are safe and meet applicable industry safety requirements.
· Actively participate in design reviews. Review designs with other Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, and Marketing personnel as well as equipment users to ensure that designs meet all requirements.
· Prepare and present written, oral visual material to support proposals, presentations, design reviews and written reports.
· Develop cost estimates for proposed projects which include labor and material costs.
· Maintain project folders and report project status to Manager, Engineers and others on a regular basis.
· Plan, perform or direct and document experiments to prove design performance
· Coordinate project tasks and schedules, delegate work to designers / drafters and support staff as required.
· Interact with customers and support groups, affected by design development, to obtain and communicate pertinent project information.
· Duties are performed under moderate supervision by more senior engineering staff.
· Strictly adhere to all our safety policies.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Some international travel according to business needs.
Skills and knowledge
· Expert at PLC based control system design, both the real time as well as Windows10.
· Able to perform various electrical circuit calculations involving motors, transformers, heaters, and various instrumentation and controls.
· Proficient electrical design CAD skills
· Experience with programming languages such as Structured Text, VB, C#, C++
· Experience with both hardware emulators and software debugging tools.
· In depth knowledge of both digital and analog circuitry design.
· Knowledgeable in industry design and international safety standards involving electrical systems.
· Able to make decisions independently on engineering problems.
· Able to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
· Strong ability to work with others and be an active part of a cross functional team.
· Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
· Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and work to a schedule.
· Microsoft Office proficiency.
Education and experience
· BS in Electrical Engineering
Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in an Engineer 1 or similar role
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!