Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Manufacturing Technicians – Medical Device – All Shifts
The Manufacturing Technician I will be a critical contributor in a mission that truly represents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join a company that is making significant investments in establishing US manufacturing, expanding internationally, and delivering a consistent cadence of product innovations to the market and investing in its people.
The successful candidate will be responsible for operating and maintaining highly automated and advanced manufacturing equipment necessary for the production of our signature product. This individual will be trained and cross-trained to both operate and repair issues across a variety of technologies including: heat staking, laser welding, mechanical swaging, printed circuit board (PCB) handling and testing, robotic automation, metal stamping and bending, form/fill/seal medical packaging, and high speed discrete component assembly. In addition to equipment operation and maintenance, this individual will be responsible for the product quality performance of the equipment and basic machine troubleshooting in the event of faults and machine stops. This position requires mechanical aptitude, technical ability, machine troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, and the willingness to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Perform equipment setup, operation, repair, and basic daily/weekly preventative maintenance tasks to meet all standards for safety, quality and efficiency. These tasks must be completed under minimal supervision.
- Maintain machine raw material feeds, perform any fault clearing and clear stoppages on automated equipment.
- Utilize human machine interfaces (HMIs) to identify and correct shifts in process control.
- Ensures adequate raw material is prepared correctly and jobs are run in a timely manner to ensure on-time delivery.
- Executes equipment inspections and generates emergency, corrective, and/or preventative work orders as needed.
- Troubleshoot and identify potential solutions for mechanical errors, safety issues or general operating inefficiencies within the production processes.
- Able to utilize computer systems to support in the material inventory and quality management processes.
- Participates in manufacturing processes to support new product design transfer, process development, equipment validations, and process validations.
- Investigates and resolves process issues within their equipment cells.
- Perform routine cleaning/inspection/lubrication of machinery.
- Performing maintenance of measuring and monitoring devices.
- Able to use measuring tools to ensure correct tolerances.
- Works from specifications, work orders, and general instructions from Production Supervisor/Team Lead.
- Safely follow standard operating procedures including but not limited to material handling, record keeping, packaging, and shipment preparation. Must follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Notifies Team Leader or Production Supervisor of any discrepancies to ensure quality standards and safety of operations are maintained at all times.
- Excellent attention to detail, good organization, and capable of working independently with minimal instruction from production supervisor.
- Able to work in small groups and cross functional teams to troubleshoot issues, identify and implement collective corrective actions.
- Maintain a clean work environment suitable for medical device manufacturing and cleanroom production.
- Performs other duties as required
Education and Experience:
- High school Diploma and at least 3 years of on-the-job manufacturing experience.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Experience working, debugging, and/or maintaining highly automated equipment.
- Experience working with Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs).
- Familiarity with manufacturing instrumentation such as micrometers, calipers, feeler gauges, dial indicators, and gauge blocks.
- Self-starter capable of dealing with a variety of tasks in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Must be proficient in English language to be able to read documentation, communicate, and write.
- Ideal candidate will have keen eye for quality, is dependable, and will work collaboratively within a team, and possess a positive attitude.
- Manufacturing experience in Medical Device Industry.
- Previous experience with discreet assembly and robotics.
- Familiarity with manufacturing instrumentation such as optical gauging and video microscopes.
- Previous experience working in a clean room environment.
- Previous experience with assembling, debugging and optimizing discrete component assembly processes.
- Previous experience with technologies such as laser welding, heat staking, and ultrasonic welding.
- Experience in a start-up production environment is a plus.
- Mechanical Aptitude – Knowledge of and experience with automated machines and tools, including design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Production & Processing – Knowledge of raw materials, measurement instruments, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for the manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mathematics – Knowledge of basic arithmetic, algebra and/or geometry.
- Problem Solving – Recognizes problems and understands root cause analysis techniques/concepts.
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
- Required to stand for at least 75% of working time per shift, with walking at least 50% of working time per shift.
- Required to reach above shoulder frequently and below waist occasionally.
- Required to push and pull.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs occasionally, 5-20lbs frequently.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
Duration: 6 months+ All Shifts
Locations: Concord, MA 01742
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776