Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
Mechanical Design Engineer
- Design mechanical assemblies and parts to support ongoing machine development and enhancements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work to customer specifications, designing machine equipment or identifying changes to standard machinery to meet these specifications.
- Produce cost effective designs to meet project budget and schedule.
- Apply mechanical engineering knowledge of machinery principles and materials, manufacturing methods and processes to ensure designs are functional, practical, economical, and satisfy customer requirements.
- Design pneumatic and hydraulic systems and create associated schematics, bills of materials, and assembly instructions.
- Produce SolidWorks® models, detail drawings using GD&T, assemblies, and parts; and prepare proper bills of material based on design.
- Obtain quotations for commercial components and identify alternate sources when possible for cost effective designs.
- Develop specifications, test plans and manuals for equipment designs.
- Work with Director of Engineering and Senior engineers streamlining and documenting standard engineering work practices.
- Assist Production and Purchasing in manufacturing and assembly methods.
- Work with applications department on definition of special machine feature.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor in the event of special projects or unplanned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work in a team environment, work across business unit boundaries, and support other team members as required by schedule.
SPECIFIC CHARACTERISTICS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrates a positive team spirit in daily activities.
- Exhibits zero tolerance for repeated errors and quality of work.
- Ability to exercise good communication, organization and time management skills in a changing work environment.
- A customer-focused, “how may I serve you” attitude, with timely follow-up is required.
- Ability to present technical information in a positive and understandable manner.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor, especially when on-site with customers.
- Must strive for continuous improvement and excellence, both technically and interpersonally. As a self-starter, must possess the ability to be resourceful, work independently, where appropriate, and recognize when higher intervention may be necessary.
- Must be able to read and comprehend electrical schematics. Must be proficient in MS office software, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (Project is beneficial).
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise communications and proposals. Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED AND PREFERRED:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, major in Machine Design is desirable. 5-10 years equipment engineering experience to include design, part detail, documentation, costing, and commercial component specification.
- Customer interface skills including preparing and presenting proposals, quotations and defining statements of work. Budget and costing experience.
- Third party equipment specification, acceptance, and integration coordination. 3D solid modeling experience.
- Experience designing standard and custom machinery. Conversant with power and controls systems.
- Manufacturing or design experience with automated thermoforming, sealing and automated inventory system is highly desirable
Date Posted: 1/29/2020
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Barnstable, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 85-100K
Job #: bh11003
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776