Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
Telecom Planning Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Telecommunications Planning Engineer. This position reports directly to the Transmission Asset Management Manager and will be responsible for the short term and long-term planning of our Operational Telecommunications Networks and Systems.
Scoping of cost effective, secure, scalable, & reliable telecommunications solutions in conformance with our telecom policies, processes, procedures, standards, and guidelines as well as telecom network architecture & strategy.
Telecommunications solutions may involve private radio networks & systems, fiber optic networks & systems, microwave networks & systems, smart grid communications networks, leased wired & wireless telecom services, or a combination of these in order to meet the company’s communications requirements.
We rely heavily on these telecom networks & systems to support the construction, operation, maintenance, and restoration of its electric & gas delivery networks..
• Serve as project sponsor for telecom-driven capital projects with responsibility to champion project drivers and scope to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Lead interdisciplinary technical teams through the optioneering process, develop project scopes, cost estimates and project schedules applying our project progression model.
• Coordinate, plan, update, and drive the implementation of our Operational Telecom Strategy & Roadmap, making sure all in-flight and future telecom projects and initiatives are in synch and staying within the framework of our Operational Strategy & Roadmap.
• Capture & analyze current and evolving telecom requirements from internal and external stakeholders, keep up to date with telecom technologies and solutions, and keep up to date with changing FAA and FCC regulations as well as changes in telecom landscape so to communicate these changes to stakeholders and update our Operational Telecom Strategy & Roadmap as appropriate. Provide planning and engineering services for radio, microwave, and fiber optic networks & systems to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
• Use strategic asset management techniques to prioritize assets and identify risks
• Develop informed, comprehensive technical asset plans for maintenance and capital investment in order to improve business performance in the medium (up to five years) and longer term (up to 15 years.)
• Recommend asset condition based capital projects to internal management to obtain Delegation of Authority and seek approval from external stakeholders as part of the New England open access planning process.
• Provide input for medium and long term capital budgetary planning
• Develop and implement processes, tools and documentation for Transmission Planning & Asset Management to maintain compliance with ISO New England rules/policies, NPCC Criteria/Directories, NERC Standards, and FERC Orders.
• Support or lead development of technical policies relating to telecommunications assets and provide authoritative advice in order to support the realization of our objectives
• Research new technologies, investigate implementation strategies, and drive the conceptual development of innovative projects/solutions.
• As a member of the Shared Telecom Network (STN) in New England, this position may collaborate with other Telecom Operators/Owners as well as Users/Members of the STN to provide and maintain a network consistent with the goals that results in the interconnection and sharing of the Operators’ private telecommunications infrastructure.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
• Demonstrate strong negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to make persuasive presentations to small and large audiences.
• Must have a minimum BS degree in Engineering
• Minimum of 6 years’ experience a telecommunications engineering field
• Familiarity with fiber network planning, outside plant design, NPLS, Cyber Security, Network Operations, IP Networking, NERC Transmission Planning Standards, NPCC Criteria and ISO and State level Transmission Planning rules with ability to understand how changes in those standards impact.
• Ability to interpret results and recommendations from transmission asset engineering reports and transmission system analytical studies. Engineering reports include, but are not limited to, asset condition assessments, Process Hazard Analyses, environmental assessments and external industry publications. Analytical studies include power system thermal, voltage, and reactive analyses, as well as transient, dynamic, harmonic, and short circuit analyses as they relate to system reliability, economics, and operating flexibility.
• Collaboratively develop and/or implement policies, processes and procedures relative to Telecommunications Planning and Asset Strategy
• Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
• Ability to prioritize work and be a team member on multiple projects at one time.
• Demonstrates strong negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to make persuasive presentations to small and large audiences. Consistently adapts the content / style of a message, based on an understanding of the climate and culture of a particular group and what will produce the best response
• Knowledge of safety policy and potential hazards of the electrical transmission network
Date Posted: 1/9/2020
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Telecom Planning Engineer
Location: Waltham, MA 02454
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: Open
Job #: bh10905
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776