Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
Software Developer - Development Engineering
Assist with the development and maintenance of software solutions for new and existing projects / products. Deep technical skills are required, along with an ability to understand how all pieces fit together and are validated in a complex, distributed system. An understanding of medical billing and coding practices is needed or will need to be developed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Responsible for planning, processing and performing all jobs in an efficient manner with no / little assistance from the supervisor
- Respond promptly and professionally to bug reports
- Review and repair legacy code
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
- Accomplish development and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Participate in knowledge-sharing code reviews
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the duties.
Education (Degrees, Certificates, Licenses, Etc.)
Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Two or more years’ experience in software development
- Healthcare experience / RCM applications is required
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Strong working knowledge in HTML, CSS, PHP, AJAX, SQL Server including stored procedure programming, ETL, Visual Basic, VB .NET, and ASP .NET, C# programming, Asp.net MVC3/4, MVVM (Silverlight or WPF)
- Prior project experience in Asp.net MVC3/4 or worked on Silverlight MVVM pattern preferred
- Understanding of web/server technology (IIS)
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to "think outside the box"
- Ability to understand and anticipate the possible failures in a growing system and know how to prevent them
- Ability to utilize source control with multiple concurrent branches
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, use hands, talk, hear and occasionally walk and reach with hands or arms
Date Posted: 12/30/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Software Developer – Development Engineering
Location: Bedford, MA 01730
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract
Pay Range: Open
Duration: 6 months+
Job #: bh10876
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776