Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
We are seeking an experienced Controller with a demonstrated background in financial and management reporting, tax compliance, budgeting, audit preparation, internal controls, and cash management activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures efficient, effective and consistently high-quality results in all aspects of the Firm’s accounting operations including financial reporting and accounts payable
- Responsible for all financial statement reporting, including trend analysis and expense reporting
- Responsible for managing the operation and integrity of the firm’s financial accounting system, including periodic system upgrades
- Demonstrated experience utilizing financial systems and software to develop management reports including KPI metrics and dashboard reporting
- Creates annual expense budgets for all operating departments working in collaboration with the respective Administrative Directors and the firm’s co-Managing Directors; provides monthly status reporting and quarterly analysis/updates
- Works closely with the firm’s Financial Planning & Analysis Manager on periodic and various analysis including preparation and review of the firm’s financial plan
- Maintains focus and holds him/herself and other individuals in the organization accountable for executing against plan and achieving business results
- Responsible for overseeing the preparation of audit materials, and working with the outside auditors to resolve issues and successfully complete the audit
- Responsible for periodic and annual local, state, and federal tax filings and the successful resolution of any tax audits or issues.
- Designs, develops and implements methods and strategies to continually improve processes
- Responsible to maintain an effective system of internal financial controls
- Fosters effective and positive communications/collaborations with the firm’s Administrative Directors and other Managers
- Monitors the firm’s cash position and prepares periodic cash flow forecasts
- Monitors and controls banking activities including the proper security structure associated with the firm’s banking activities across multiple banks
- Provides information and assistance to the firm’s Finance Committee
- Continuously works in a collaborative and supportive manner with the Finance Managers on various financial projects and issues
- Responsible to see that the firm’s financial policies and procedures are being followed; develop such policies as and where needed
- Assists the firm’s Clerk in the maintenance of certain corporate records
- Acts as liaison with the IT department for general systems knowledge, training and problem resolution
- Develops Talent: prioritizes the development, training, and appropriate delegation of new activities to team members. Develops strong management capability among current and future leaders on the team. Actively looks to provide opportunities for stretch assignments and exposure.
- Leads the Accounting and Accounts Payable team, makes decisions on staffing and performance management.
- Provides training, feedback, and coaching to team members, and delegates work appropriately.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with the ability to establish rapport and effectively work with colleagues of all levels
- Demonstrated ability to proactively and professionally manage internal client relationships with an emphasis on producing results in a client focused/service orientated manner
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; the ability to interact diplomatically with partners, senior management, peers and professional staff; communicating with impact to clearly convey context and insight, so as to effectively manage upward to influence decisions
- Outstanding organizational skills and a demonstrated ability of maintaining and producing high quality work product with minimal oversight
- Ability to take initiative, making constructive recommendations on how the department can deliver high levels of service
- Ability to apply effective strategy to business considerations weighing firm/department goals with an eye toward the big picture and the firm-wide impact
- Ability to effectively manage intra-departmental and potentially firm-wide projects being budget conscientious
- Technical spreadsheet (MS Excel) expertise and proficiency in PowerPoint as well as the other MS Office suite
- Bachelor’s degree with a Business/Finance/Accounting focus. CPA and/or MBA a plus.
- 10+ years related financial management experience preferably with a professional services organization
Date Posted: 10/23/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Controller
Location: Boston, MA 02108
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 150-175K
Job #: bh10628
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776