Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
Senior Systems Engineer
We are seeking a talented, analytical and driven individual to join our team as a Senior Systems Engineer. This highly collaborative role require requires a thorough understanding of system design and methodologies to connect complex work activities across different functional elements such as software, mechanical, electrical and fluidics. This position reports to the Associate Director, Hardware and Systems Engineering.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT?
As part of the Systems group, this Senior Systems Engineer will have an exciting opportunity to lead and contribute to the development of complex diagnostic instrumentation. The systems engineering team functions as the hub of product development within the organization, defining the direction of product architecture, system/subsystem requirements and traceability of design control requirements. The Senior Systems Engineer will be at the central point of new product development, leading and working closely with engineers and scientists within R&D to bring new products to market.
- Lead Systems Engineering activities, including driving architecture and requirements for complex systems and subsystems.
- Participate in the design, development and sustaining engineering of mechanical, electromechanical and consumable parts and assemblies.
- Integrate and transfer new assays and assay components onto automated instrumentation.
- Apply Systems Engineering techniques to effectively manage requirements, traceability and risk management.
- Lead the development and execution of formal V&V testing and reports.
- Develop tools and metrics for tracking the performance of automated assays and systems.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S./M.S. in Engineering (Mechanical, Bio Mechanical or similar discipline) along with a minimum of 5+ years of experience, depending on degree level.
- Medical device experience is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of automated liquid handling, robotics, motion control, and thermal control systems required.
- Knowledge of amplification-based assays and reagents would be beneficial in this role.
- Experience working within Design Controls and Engineering Change Management procedures for medical device development is highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to reject setbacks and enthusiastically persist until goals are achieved.
Date Posted: 10/22/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Lexington, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 110-120K
Job #: bh10616
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776