Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
Information Security Engineer
Overview: The Information Security Engineer will help plan and carry out an organization’s information security strategy. The selected candidate will develop a set of security standards and best practices and recommend security enhancements to management as needed. The selected candidate will develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach. The Information Security Engineer will also be responsible for educating the workforce on information security through training and building awareness.
- Responsible for collaborating inter-departmentally on secure infrastructure/network engineering
- Assist in maintaining security awareness program including monthly end-user training and track metrics for reporting to management
- Implement Protections
- Install and use software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect organizations’ sensitive information. They also assist computer users with installation or processing of new security products and procedures.
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data from relevant security applications and services, test for Vulnerabilities
- Conduct periodic scans of internal networks and systems looking for vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, and out-of-date software packages
- Review vulnerability scans and compile reports to deliver to security management
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services
- Analyze and report on software or hardware vulnerabilities
- Assists with providing detection, identification, and reporting of possible cyber-attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities.
- Monitor for Security Breaches
- The Information Security Engineer must constantly monitor our networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions. They will install software that helps us notify of intrusions and be aware of irregular system behavior.
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident.
- Provide on-call support, as needed, for emergency security issues
- Analyze, respond to and advise end-users and business stakeholders on incoming threats including phishing and potential threats reported by employees
- MUST HAVE 5 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WITH 'CISCO FIREPOWER OR SOURCEFIRE'
- Must be expert level user of Splunk, Sourcefire, Kali Linux, Websense and IDS/IPS
- Experience with Active Directory and SIEM tool
- Direct experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
- Experience designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management
- Ability to read and use the results of mobile code, malicious code, and anti-virus software
Date Posted: 10/17/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Information Security Engineer
Location: Westboro, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract to Permanent
Pay Range: Open
Duration: Contract to Permanent
Job #: bh10594
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776