Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
Senior Quality Engineer
Maintain the quality system and support outgoing product quality through the use of engineering tools and methodologies in order to support production, design, and development of medical devices.
The incumbent may be required to perform all or a combination of the following essential functions as determined by business necessity.
- Assist in the design and development of new products by contributing to risk analysis, verification and validation test plans, etc.
- Make effective use of statistical techniques, risk analysis, Gage R&R, Cpk, ANOVA and DOE to solve quality problems and mitigate product and process risks.
- Make use of Cause & Effect diagrams, Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Root-Cause, 5-Why, 8D and other problem-solving techniques.
- Approve Engineering Change Orders, review prints and be familiar with Geometric Tolerancing.
- Maintain Quality Records.
- Perform Corrective Actions and Non-conformance assessments.
- Assist in investigating customer complaints.
- Perform internal audits as well as supplier audits.
- Support Incoming Inspection.
- Review Work Instructions, Quality Plans, FMEAs, specifications, drawings, quality systems and analysis trends.
- Participate in and lead continual improvement projects
- Support environmental and sterilization monitoring
- Travel for supplier and R&D support
- Mentor other members of the quality assurance team in statistical and problem solving techniques.
- Execute cross functional projects using project management methodologies such as critical path methodology, critical chain.
- Identify and prioritize continual improvement ideas.
In addition to the essential functions listed above, the incumbent may be required to perform other non-essential functions. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Biomedical engineering or equivalent experience; advanced degree is preferred
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- At least 8 years of engineering experience; preferably in the medical device industry.
- Experience leading continual improvement projects.
- CQE/CQA certification helpful but not required.
- Certified biomedical auditor is preferred.
- Familiar with FDA 21CFR820, ISO13485.
- Experience with aseptic production and/or sterilization is preferred.
- Accuracy, thoroughness, attention to detail, legibility in completing records is essential.
- Project management training or certification is a plus.
- Lean and 6Sigma knowledge a plus.
Date Posted: 10/10/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Senior Quality Engineer
Location: Beverly, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 100-125K
Job #: bh10567
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776