Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
Must have experience with, material commodities (e.g. PCB/electronics, sheet metal, machined parts)
The Commodity Buyer has direct hands-on and management responsibility for accurate and timely purchasing and planning of a category of commodity materials. The Commodity Buyer is an expert at managing demand for materials needed to meet Production commitments of Quality and On Time Delivery. Daily responsibilities include executing best practices for timely purchase order (PO) placement, estimating material costs & lead time for customer quote bids, and maintenance of outstanding supplier PO commitments. Measures of success for performance include meeting demand for material & estimates with a low backlog of outstanding PO & quote lines, Customer OTD, and efficiency metrics managing Supplier POs (e.g. cost, lead time, quoting, delivery, quality, RMAs, etc.). The Commodity Buyer is responsible to identify and take actions on solutions to procurement issues that include supplier performance, supplier selection, obsolescence, data/specification/documentation completeness, and other causes of delay.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be the company’s expert in managing any assigned material commodities (e.g. PCB/electronics, sheet metal, machined parts, etc.)
- Analyze, manage, and implement actions relating to material requirements that ensure an uninterrupted flow of materials and services for Production using MRP, Pull Indicators (e.g. Kanban, min/max, etc.) and New Product Introduction project plans.
- Anticipate and proactively mitigate risks to material procurement commitments.
- Lead commodity planning with Sales, Marketing, and Production in meeting customers’ needs (guaranteed Promise Dates), minimizing Production (WIP) delays, and ensuring supplier quality.
- Identify and obtain Engineering and other documentation essential to meet Production schedule and customer OTD requirements.
- Manage obsolescence to eliminate risk to customers schedules
- Expeditiously maintain and execute RMA process for designated part numbers.
- Expeditiously quote parts, services, and delivery options as required.
- Create and maintain reporting requirements (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) as needed to monitor purchasing activity levels, support build schedules, and maintain replenishment systems.
- Work and plan to eliminate commodity material shortages and work order delays through direct involvement with Production resources, Suppliers, and Project personnel.
- Identify, plan, communicate, and implement continuous improvement opportunities that eliminate waste, delay, and data inaccuracies.
Education and Experience
- Four-year college business degree
- CPM or APICS certification strongly desired
- Experience with Costpoint a plus
- Minimum 10 years’ experience purchasing printed circuit boards and assemblies from U.S. suppliers.
- Expert in all issues related to PCBA procurement including but not limited to complete understanding of Gerber files, BOM’s, Pick & Place files, Assembly Drawings, Panel Drawings, raw PCB’s, Conformal Coating, and masking documentation
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with material & supplier quantitative performance reporting responsibility to management.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with ERP/MRP demand & forecast systems and demonstrated continuous use and mastery of these systems.
Skills, Knowledge, Certifications and Conditions
- Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access®), Microsoft Project and software.
- Ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written and verbal instructions as well as technical publications, customer specifications, prints & drawings.
- Strong knowledge of FAR, ITAR, Counterfeit materials, obsolescence, conflict minerals and demonstrated knowledge of business challenges and opportunities driven by technology and regulations unique to the Defense market.
- Exceptional interpersonal, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to exhibit a positive attitude and communicate clearly and effectively, and promote collaboration among the team.
- Must be available to travel.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required.
Date Posted: 1/22/2020
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Commodity Buyer
Location: Devens, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract to Permanent
Pay Range: 30-33/hr.
Duration: Contract to Permanent
Job #: bh10546
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776