Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
Must be a US Citizen
The Buyer obtains materials and services on budget, with high quality, and on schedule. Purchases a variety of materials classified as inventory, non-inventory, capital equipment, and services required by manufacturing, engineering and all other requisitioning departments. Obtains material and services quotes. Negotiates purchase pricing and schedule. Selects and develops sources of supply. Responsible for managing overall supplier performance, alternate sourcing, and costs.
- Review and analyze CostPoint MRP and other sources to determine material requirements.
- Perform required purchasing by directly contacting suppliers and also maintain cost and schedule information for the PO in CostPoint MRP.
- Perform quoting requirements by directly contacting suppliers and resolving issues in order to meet cost and schedule.
- Maintain inventory levels in accordance with company policy.
- Edit purchase requisitions, and assist internal customers with requirements. Recommend revisions, substitutes, and alternatives where quality, delivery, service, or cost improvements will result.
- Manage supplier performance to ensure continuity of supply and minimal material shortages.
- Prepare various reports as required.
- Participate in MRB activities, reconcile discrepant invoices, and handle adjustments with suppliers.
- Implement ECOs as required.
- Engage in procurement and inventory planning activities.
- Use good interpersonal skills, and effectively communicate with suppliers and internal customers.
- Perform assignments independently with some direction.
- Perform all other job-related duties.
Education and Experience Required:
- An Associate’s degree or the equivalent experience in the purchasing /materials discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years procurement experience in a technology-based, MRP, manufacturing environment.
- Experience must include the negotiation and/or issuance of purchase orders, purchase agreements, RFQ’s, and inventory programs.
- Must have experience in several of the following commodities: Off-the-shelf mechanical, electrical, electronics, printing, raw stock, packaging, plating, outside services, commercial and catalog products.
Skills, Knowledge and Conditions
- Prior MRP experience required; Deltek CostPoint preferred.
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet application programs.
- Able to understand electrical, electronic and mechanical terminology as it pertains assigned commodities
- Must have general knowledge of the marketplaces of assigned commodities.
- Understands the manufacturing processes or the distributions networks of assigned commodities.
Date Posted: 10/9/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Buyer
Location: Ayer, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract
Pay Range: 25-30/hr.
Duration: 6 months++
Job #: bh10545
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776